Slap tear and Supraspinatus tear, among other damage

Mike Rinderle

MRI results in.  I now know why my shoulder has been so sore the past few months.  But they could have saved time by telling me what wasn't torn or injured.  :laugh

Not sure if I should feel proud or stupid that I was able to get my bench back over 300 with all this damage.  :blush

Screenshot_20171028-074638.png

Probably a combo of a lot of things.  The final straw was reaching back over my head to lay my glasses on nightstand while laying in bed.  But that was after a day I wide grip benched, which irritated it so...

I pitched from age 8 to 16, played quarterback in junior and senior high, hurt both shoulders playing hockey, and now years of lifting.  It finally just gave up I think.  Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Probably a combo of a lot of things.  The final straw was reaching back over my head to lay my glasses on nightstand while laying in bed.  But that was after a day I wide grip benched, which irritated it so...

I pitched from age 8 to 16, played quarterback in junior and senior high, hurt both shoulders playing hockey, and now years of lifting.  It finally just gave up I think.  Lol

That explains a lot Big Mike! What are you gonna do about it? Gonna get it repaired?

Have to meet with doc this week. I'd like to get it fixed. Typically they don't fix them in people over 40 unless they are athletes.  I turn 50 in a couple weeks, and I'm not sure you could really qualify me as an athlete.  :laugh

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Have to meet with doc this week. I'd like to get it fixed. Typically they don't fix them in people over 40 unless they are athletes.  I turn 50 in a couple weeks, and I'm not sure you could really qualify me as an athlete.  :laugh

You are a strength athlete for sure brother! I would get whatever I can fixed to continue doing what we do my man I you were up to it! Will not fixing it hinder you from continuing?

Pressing, rowing, and biceps training would be done.  Squatting with straight bar too probably. 

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

Pressing, rowing, and biceps training would be done.  Squatting with straight bar too probably. 

Dude get it fixed! That's the meat and potatoes brother! As long as prognosis would be good!

All I could read from the report was ”small biceps” you should get that fixed ;)! On a serious note though I hope you get it fixed. Like Joseph said, you are a strength athelete. You need your chest, arms and shoulders for more than just sitting on the couch. If you explain that to the doctors they will hopefully consider fixing it through surgery or any other method they have available for treatment.

56 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

All I could read from the report was ”small biceps” you should get that fixed ;)! On a serious note though I hope you get it fixed. Like Joseph said, you are a strength athelete. You need your chest, arms and shoulders for more than just sitting on the couch. If you explain that to the doctors they will hopefully consider fixing it through surgery or any other method they have available for treatment.

The first time I read it, that's all I saw too.  Couldn't focus on anything else.  "I'll show him biceps that are small in caliber!"  Bwahaha.

Did some research. Apparently, when the biceps tendon is smaller than normal, it means there COULD be a partial tear.  Not always.  They can't image it in that groove it lies in very well, so they use that as a proxy.  

Basically, I need a new shoulder. Unfortunately, according to modern medicine, the warranty is up on this one due to age.  It will all come down to the doctor and what insurance will pay for.  I'm hoping they will try to fix it.

If not, I'll do some ballistic bench presses and some heavy cheat curls to totally destroy it.  Then they'll have to fix it.  :laugh

• Like 1

No surgery.  I don't meat the criteria.  4-6 weeks no pressing, prescription naproxin, and the same rehab exercises I've been doing.  They did give me a little surgical tube band to do them with though.  Lol  

Basically they don't operate on people my age unless it's debilitating.  Call them when rotator cuff or biceps tendon completely blows.

Went home and did 315 x 8 ballistic barbell rows.  

On 10/31/2017 at 2:12 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

No surgery.  I don't meat the criteria.  4-6 weeks no pressing, prescription naproxin, and the same rehab exercises I've been doing.  They did give me a little surgical tube band to do them with though.  Lol  

Basically they don't operate on people my age unless it's debilitating.  Call them when rotator cuff or biceps tendon completely blows.

Went home and did 315 x 8 ballistic barbell rows.  

Hahaha! That’s the Rindo I know! Tough as nails!