Alawadhi! Level 3

Cannon

3 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Thanks John. Correct me if I’m wrong, but 3/4in or 19.05mm in between the handles is a MMS, so if one was to pass a 20mm block in between the handles, nobody could dispute the set depth, right?

I think that would be fine, just remember, will it help or hinder the judges when they go to vote on the gripper closes.

5 hours ago, MurrayStrongman said:

Little late to comment but, that looks to be a pretty significant step up from the MM2?

The way you handled the MMG2 then the MMG3 will be no problem. Just be careful on the angels as the MMG3 has (I think) one handle sliiightly taller than the other and it confuses in the close. You will get it no worries. I know if I can easily close my 172 rated #3.5 then the MMG3 will be closed too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

The way you handled the MMG2 then the MMG3 will be no problem. Just be careful on the angels as the MMG3 has (I think) one handle sliiightly taller than the other and it confuses in the close. You will get it no worries. I know if I can easily close my 172 rated #3.5 then the MMG3 will be closed too.

I have been told that the MM3 is significantly harder that that.  You should be prepared for low 180s.

2 hours ago, anwnate said:

I have been told that the MM3 is significantly harder that that.  You should be prepared for low 180s.

its definitely at least 180. I remember closing my 180 #3.5 right before I certed the MM3. 

3 hours ago, anwnate said:

That is assuming my 3.5 is rated correctly. If it is then I give the MMG3 max 178 hence me saying if I close it easily. Because I attempted that 3.5 and it was very similar.