Hard coc #3.5 ccs & hydraulic #3

Paul Savage

Becca unfortunately had an off day and couldn't ccs the #2.5 but I had a decent day. 

• Like 2

Great strength!

I like the idea of micro reps. I'm going to implement that to my training once I start using grippers again.

36 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Great strength!

I like the idea of micro reps. I'm going to implement that to my training once I start using grippers again.

Definitely recommend them, you will really feel it in the pinky and ring fingers, especially on high reps.

1 hour ago, Anemptybox said:

Mind blowing strength there, awesome to see more gripper videos from you.

Thanks, more to come, a ways off peak strength yet, only 3rd session back. Lacking in sweep strength at the mo. Next session will be ccs singles with RB330 and more savage closes with coc #3.

Nice work!!

22 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Thanks, more to come, a ways off peak strength yet, only 3rd session back. Lacking in sweep strength at the mo. Next session will be ccs singles with RB330 and more savage closes with coc #3.

Savage close means ccs, then mini clicks = 1 rep and again?

What's the thought behind this?

4 hours ago, Hellraiser92x said:

Savage close means ccs, then mini clicks = 1 rep and again?

What's the thought behind this?

That but with control trying to keep perfect technique and not as fast as normal. The reason for this is it makes you stronger in both sweep and control (so the back handle doesn't slip) along with at the close.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Josh O'Dell said:

Nice work!!

Cheers dude

2 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

That but with control trying to keep perfect technique and not as fast as normal. The reason for this is it makes you stronger in both sweep and control (so the back handle doesn't slip) along with at the close.

I will try that in my next training. Would 3 sets be enough after my heavy sets?

1 hour ago, Hellraiser92x said:

I will try that in my next training. Would 3 sets be enough after my heavy sets?

For you I'd say 1 pretty heavy set would be enough after hard singles, 3 if just doing savage closes for higher reps. Just use a #1 or something at first and do a bunch of reps really slow and controlled.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jvance said:

Brutal strength Paul. How'd you get your thumbpads so thick? Just hereditary?

No that would be all the years of grip training. I was very weak with really skinny hands when I started. Actually at the moment my thumb pads are too small though, I'll be starting to use the titan telegraph daily soon. For #3.5 ccs its ok but for #4 ccs unless I have really big thumb pads the handles moves. That's pretty much always why I miss by 2mm as it's out of position so going to put a lot of effort into thumb training this time.

Edited by Paul Savage
  • Like 1

Very strong! Well, regarding the thumbpad, in general you are pretty big all over, compared to a few years ago. With my BW I can train wihat I want but my thumbpad would not grow that much for beneficial support. I even think that getting like 20 pounds heavier whould help me get thicker hands or so. 

1 hour ago, Geralt said:

Very strong! Well, regarding the thumbpad, in general you are pretty big all over, compared to a few years ago. With my BW I can train wihat I want but my thumbpad would not grow that much for beneficial support. I even think that getting like 20 pounds heavier whould help me get thicker hands or so. 

Thanks. Yeah just gaining all over will get everything bigger for sure. You can get thick hands just from the grip training too though, thumbs especially, mine will get much thicker from ttk work. Will take pictures to show the difference.

Easy close on that 33 Paul! I mean it was so cool. But a question, do you use TTK? I hear it will screw the thumbs later. I use it from time to time and I am safe. But I try not to go heavy.

4 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Easy close on that 33 Paul! I mean it was so cool. But a question, do you use TTK? I hear it will screw the thumbs later. I use it from time to time and I am safe. But I try not to go heavy.

I don't use it all the time but yes its good for bringing up the thumbs and my thumbs have always been weak. I always do high reps with low weight.

Edit - I have a cooler #3 close I can do or at least can at peak strength, will probably do it before end of year. It's a super slow motion one (much slower than the last). I actually do it for training as helps with control and strength through the full rom. Can also assess where I'm weaker from how it feels.

Edited by Paul Savage

9 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

I don't use it all the time but yes its good for bringing up the thumbs and my thumbs have always been weak. I always do high reps with low weight.

Edit - I have a cooler #3 close I can do or at least can at peak strength, will probably do it before end of year. It's a super slow motion one (much slower than the last). I actually do it for training as helps with control and strength through the full rom. Can also assess where I'm weaker from how it feels.

Nice. What about pinch? You train it? Or just have it as a carry over from grippers and thick bar as I know you do fat grips a lot.

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Nice. What about pinch? You train it? Or just have it as a carry over from grippers and thick bar as I know you do fat grips a lot.

I used to always train wide plate pinch, find it helps ccs grippers a lot but there's no plates at the gym I train at to do it now. Was training blockbuster pinch for both European grip championships and world grip championships so done that for several months till recently. Going to add back in reeves deadlifts gripping the bumpers next week as do feel I need more wide pinch strength for the sweep. First time we did it Becca managed to possibly break her toe but she's just going to have to be less clumsy!

Edited by Paul Savage