Grip/AW Supermatches and Medley Drag races

Rob McMurren

Grip AW Supermatches

At our last contest I had a lot of arm wrestlers.  There is a lot of them around here.  To try and incorporate AW into grip I have come up with a best of 3 super match.  I have  challenging my training partner, Gus Bush to a hub off, best of 3 AW match and (left) and a third event to be decided   Looking for sometime in November.

Our numbers are similar in the hub and I don't arm wrestle regularly.  The third event will be a mutually agreed upon event that we have similar numbers in.  The events will be last man standing.  It should be interesting.  

Seeing as Gus competes in both disciplines and I have never arm wrestled him before it will be a good test for me. 

With the amount of guys here in Ontario who compete in both,   I think we could get some pretty good rivalries going.

Medley Drag races

The second thing we are talking about doing is a medley drag race.   2 identical  10-12 item medleys.  (Between the four of us who train together, we should have enough implements to double up)   First to finish goes on to the next round.  It would be double elimination so there would be a loser side.  

Every round would see an increase in the weight of the implements .  There would be a 1 minute time limit.   The winner would need to have 4-5 successful runs at the medley.  The problem would be space, would need to do this in a gym or maybe just on the road in front of my house.

Thoughts on these two things?  Would there be interest?

• Like 1