Adam Glass monster pinch attempts

John McCarter

Don't know how many people have seen what he's currently been doing but this needed to be shared.

• Like 4

Incredible. His grip feats are what got me interested in grip-specific training. Guy is an absolute beast.

• Like 2

I've seen it on YouTube but crazy!

Edited by Alawadhi

Not to down the feat but those blocks with the long side pointing down give quite a bit of leverage. Look at the tilt he is getting throughout the lift - not at all a strict pinch. Perhaps overloading your strict 1RM in pinch may be beneficial and may carry over to the euro. Again not downing it, just observing.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, jvance said:

Not to down the feat but those blocks with the long side pointing down give quite a bit of leverage. Look at the tilt he is getting throughout the lift - not at all a strict pinch. Perhaps overloading your strict 1RM in pinch may be beneficial and may carry over to the euro. Again not downing it, just observing.

Agreed, i can do pinch pullups that way easily, the other way is a different story. But i am nowhere near his strength either way

Edited by Jose Cabrera

Those lifts look like a terrific way to involve/work the wrists.  I can't see a huge amount of carryover to say a Euro lift.

Not knocking the feat . . . .does anyone think they could lift 320lbs in such a way?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gripmaniac said:

I can't see a huge amount of carryover to say a Euro lift.

16 hours ago, jvance said:

Perhaps overloading your strict 1RM in pinch may be beneficial and may carry over to the euro.

I can't speak for Adam but I get the feeling that he doesn't really care about applicability to the Euro, that he is simply doggedly pursuing what interests him personally. And, I must say, I really admire that.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, terminal said:

I can't speak for Adam but I get the feeling that he doesn't really care about applicability to the Euro, that he is simply doggedly pursuing what interests him personally. And, I must say, I really admire that.

^This.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gripmaniac said:

Not knocking the feat . . . .does anyone think they could lift 320lbs in such a way?

Don't think so, but I'm willing to bet he's really close to WR level.