Bader Samir Tayeb Alawadhi - Level 1

Bill Piche

gallery_9552_18_411.jpg

The GripBoard Proudly Certifies:

Bader Samir Tayeb Alawadhi

GripBoard Mash Monster Level 1

This certification is granted by The GripBoard as an independent third party with no ethical or commercial conflict of interest.

The Mash Monster Gripper is one of a limited number supplied and controlled by The GripBoard.

The gripper is closed with one hand under strict and uniformly ethical and authenticated conditions.

This momentous feat was demonstrated on video to assure it will be valid for posterity.

Official Mash Monster Video

Name: Bader Samir Tayeb Alawadhi
Height: Around 174CM
Weight: Around 112KG
Date of Feat: August 26, 2017 in Dubai

Witness: AbdulRazaq Amiri
How Long Grip Training: Since 2004
Current Grip Training Program: No specific program. When an injury comes, I do whats best for me in something else (For example less thickbar now and more pinch, it was vise versa). As of now I do bench and 2 hand pinch. Then other day shoulder press and grippers. Other day bench and pinch. Other day mixture of everything. I listen to my body and change based on what suits me best as also time is tight on me I cannot train on my schedule at all.
Other Training Info: Eating, Lifting heavy, Working, Thinking
Other Info: Doing my best as a businessman on my tight schedule 
Acknowledgements:  My family, wife, kids for keeping up with me. GripBoard members who always advice people. I always learn and read, even from new people. You never know what you may learn.

Bader official 2017.jpg

Bader Samir Tayeb Alawadhi, the 107th man in the world to close the Mash Monster Gripper - Level 1.

Interview with Bader Samir Tayeb Alawadhi

Could you tell us a little about your background in lifting?

I was lifting on and off since childhood. Lifting and Martial Arts was my passion.

How did you get into grip training?

I'll copy paste what I told on the grip profile
"I don't remember exactly, as it was way back in end of 2004. I was obsessed with Martial Arts...especially Chinese Kung Fu. Love those Shaolin monks who bend Iron Bars with their throat and breaking chains. One day in my searches, I came upon a forum talking about CoC grippers and how are you strong in closing them. That same day I found IronMind and bought some steel and grippers. Later I joined Marunde forums under same name Alawadhi. I was asking a lot about grip and steel bending and chain breaking. SqeezeMasterFlash told me about the GripBoard in this threadhttp://www.marunde-m...hread.php?t=266 and from there, my grip passion began. I've been training on and off since late 04' (but more off's than on's)."
On a side note Marunde websites seems down and is not renewed. Such a shame. There was many buried information there.

You are now a GripBoard Mash Monster, what would you recommend to those aspiring to close this gripper?

Push very hard but always listen to your body. Don't injure yourself. If you did it will push you way back. Sometimes less is more in training. If you are starting don't do grippers much. Do other grip training like thick bar and pinch blocks. Also, be overall strong. It will help a lot. Dedication is the KEY.

What does your current grip routine look like?

As I mentioned above, I change a lot from time to time as I am a businessman and time isn't on my side. But I have four days routine. First bench and two hand pinch. Then military press and grippers. Then bench and pinch. Then overall body training and some grip workouts with barbells and dumbbells. 

How has your grip routine changed since you first started training your grip?

A lot! I always go with what suits me best. Also every year I have more implements so that too helps a lot. Again, LISTEN to your body; and goals.

There seems to be a significant variation in the frequency of grip workouts among trainees. Have you experimented with workout frequency and it’s affect on your training?

Yes. You cannot do grippers always (for me at least) and I learned that the hard way. I get tendinitis if I do too much gripper. Now my grippers are way less but more intense. Few warm ups between my military press sets. Then strong wide closes on strong grippers. Then try BBGE for training of my set. Other than that, I listen to my body and what to do and what not to do.

What are your favorite grip exercises?

Pinch! And thick bar of course. I cannot do thick bar on my right hand because of my last year wrist injury but hey sometimes I push myself a bit, and it's fun.

What kind of starting routine would you recommend for a trainee new to grip training?

I'm not the one to be giving routine advice as there are more experts. But avoid over-training and LISTEN to your body. Don't go mimic a CoC #4 close or a blob lifter routine. Experiment and don't do gripper a lot at first.

Who do you most admire in gripdom?

Everyone who trains hard and is willing to learn and willing to be their best to be. But if you are asking for names. I'll choose Laine Snooke, We all know what he can do in grip. There are just tons of names out there too. Jedd Johnson is also up there because from what I remember he was here way before me and still is and still want to be and does a lot for grip.

If you were to start over again with your grip training, what would you do differently?

Everything so far has just been part of the learning process. But I wish to have learned many of the things sooner and younger :P

What do you believe is the most difficult grip exercise?

When the weight or pressure goes up, it becomes more difficult! 

What are some of your personal bests in grip exercises?

Closing BBE and C&J The Blob. Oh yeah was bending shinies way back when only five or so guys were bending it. But that is bending.

What do you believe is the most common mistake made by new grip trainees?

Over training and trying to do the same routine as a #4 closer or an Inch/Blob lifter. And of course ignoring being overall strong.

What do you consider to be the greatest grip feats of all time?

Oh the list is way too much. Laine Snook best Inch dumbbell clean ever. Him only double lifting the Millennium Dumbbell. And of course him cleaning the legacy blobzilla with two fingers with ease and the first to do so. Kody Burns Amazing pinch strength and two hand pinch WR. Steve Gardener tieing with WSM Brian Shaw. Jedd started strong and is still VERY strong. Wiggy amazing steel bending strength at his size. The list is endless.

Do you have any parting advice for readers?

Be safe and stay strong. Listen to your body. Enjoy life the right way.

• Like 2