Bay State Bending Bash 1

KRC

That was an amazing comp and an amazing day - thank you so much Kevin for putting it together and the great beer, thanks Bill and Brandon for bringing their own grill and best homemade venison bacon burger I've ever had - and bacon rolled backstrap! And Nate for bringing the whiskey! It was was great hanging out and competing with Don and Carl again, and Neal who almost didn't bend is a beast! Thanks Frank for those triple IPAs and for providing a very fun after party - it was an awesome weekend that'll motivate my bending for a long time to come!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

That was an amazing comp and an amazing day - thank you so much Kevin for putting it together and the great beer, thanks Bill and Brandon for bringing their own grill and best homemade venison bacon burger I've ever had - and bacon rolled backstrap! And Nate for bringing the whiskey! It was was great hanging out and competing with Don and Carl again, and Neal who almost didn't bend is a beast! Thanks Frank for those triple IPAs and for providing a very fun after party - it was an awesome weekend that'll motivate my bending for a long time to come!

Did you end up going back to Frank’s house and hanging out more? I was so beat, no way I could do it. Good seeing you. Good times!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donc101 said:

Did you end up going back to Frank’s house and hanging out more? I was so beat, no way I could do it. Good seeing you. Good times!

Don - no, we ended up calling it a night as well. It was great meeting you! I had blast. Also, I just wanted to say that I was so amazed watching this comp- I did not compete, just showed up late as a spectator. I have done DO short steel bending for a long time but never tried braced/long bar/steel snapping. Seeing this in person was a site to behold! The intensity was off the charts and I am sure the competitors are still very sore. Extremely strong group of guys at this event. Amazing job by all! 

• Like 4

A fantastic comp...well planned and executed.

Link to Pics...  https://photos.app.goo.gl/fN23q5NEF3vpZNdq6

There's also like 1/2 hour of vids I've compiled that are processing on Youtube.  Should follow shortly.

DSC00110.JPG

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, anwnate said:

There's also like 1/2 hour of vids I've compiled that are processing on Youtube.  Should follow shortly.

DSC00110.JPG

Nate, it was great to see you! Thanks for all the photos. Some good shots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Donc101 said:

2 hours ago, FrankD said:

Don - no, we ended up calling it a night as well. It was great meeting you! I had blast. Also, I just wanted to say that I was so amazed watching this comp- I did not compete, just showed up late as a spectator. I have done DO short steel bending for a long time but never tried braced/long bar/steel snapping. Seeing this in person was a site to behold! The intensity was off the charts and I am sure the competitors are still very sore. Extremely strong group of guys at this event. Amazing job by all! 

Yea like Frank said, we wrapped it up there - I went back to the hotel, opened a beer, called my wife, then turned off like a robot and went unconscious - awesome time - and yea, I'm pretty much the most sore I remember being in my life haha - you definitely gotta try the long bars Franks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anwnate said:

DSC00110.JPG

Great shot!

Had to reload the video...something was squirrely.

Video deemed NSFW due to the occasional f-bomb (check out Anton's snap vid at the end lol)

Bending...

Double Overhand

Double Underhand

Reverse

Braced

Snap

• Like 3

A couple of guys missed the time on the snap...but went ahead and finished anyway.   What a brutal event!

@NealB you snapped it right around 23min on this vid.

• Like 3

Thanks for posting all this stuff nate, you da man. 

• Like 2

Congratulations @Donc101 on your win! And congratulations to @KRC for hosting such a unique and successful contest!  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Andrew Dube said:

Congratulations @Donc101 on your win! And congratulations to @KRC for hosting such a unique and successful contest!  

Thanks Andrew!