Bay State Bending Bash 1

KRC

I look forward to seeing the results from this bending comp.  Best of strength to all the competitors!

• Like 1

Awesome - me, Chris schoeck, and @Jose Cabrera are driving - I love all those food and beer options! ....but is there a kosher vegan option? I have a very delicate constitution - Venison burgers sound great! Thank you very much @Sapper88!! Killed with your bare hands a presume? Can't wait!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@KRC, what set up do you use to wrap bars? Do you have a table or bench to use we can clamp wraps down on? Thanks.

Water, Gatorade, Protein Bars, Granola Bars, Kirkland Irish Whiskey. Do not purchase these items.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Water, Gatorade, Protein Bars, Granola Bars, Kirkland Irish Whiskey. Do not purchase these items.

Good man

13 minutes ago, anwnate said:

You da man!

2 hours ago, KRC said:

I have a very stable and sturdy table that can be used for wrapping. I bought it specifically because it was so good for that purpose.  

https://www.garageappeal.com/gladiator6foothardwoodworkbench.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_brI95bY2gIVGLXACh3HQwhaEAYYBSABEgI9IPD_BwE

Looks perfect. Thanks!

• Like 1

Does anyone coming smoke stogies? I thought it may be good to bring some stogies to smoke while we are hanging out afterwards. Let me know if you would be interested. 

Final unbraced steel ratings below.  Each number (e.g. 15/64" at 240lbs) represents 4 bars available to choose from.  As expected from my experience, the common fractional bars had the most variance . 

Important note: the diameter of the bar is immaterial to scoring.  e.g. if competitor A bends the 1/4" bar @ 270 lbs in 10 seconds, and competitor B bends the 17/64" @ 270 lbs in 55 seconds, competitor A scores more points.  They bent a bar rated the same faster than the other guy.  FYI.  

image.png.c362dd00c8d9e7684bd51579dc67b467.png

• Like 2

Also final reminder to bring whatever bending supplies you can: bands, pads, etc.  IMP's for unbraced, whatever you want for braced, and DHWOG for snap (there will be extra DH pads).  Towels for snapping and braced, etc. etc. etc.  As you can see there is a finite quantity of steel for all components of the comp, so in terms of strategy, I would make all 3 of my unbraced bends within a fairly tight grouping close to your max for IMPs in sub 1 minute, for example.  In other words, bring steel you want to warm up with :)

Let's get this going!! 

• Like 2

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! 

• Like 3

On 4/26/2018 at 1:45 PM, Donc101 said:

Does anyone coming smoke stogies? I thought it may be good to bring some stogies to smoke while we are hanging out afterwards. Let me know if you would be interested. 

Does stogies mean cigarettes or cigars? I will have a cigar with you if thats whats going down - Massachusetts - smoke em if you got em

• Like 2

You guys dont understand the immense disappointment i have not being able to attend.

It is my hope that everyone murders these bars injury free. I'll be thinking of this contest all day tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Does stogies mean cigarettes or cigars? I will have a cigar with you if thats whats going down - Massachusetts - smoke em if you got em

Cigar! I just bought a few to bring. I am pumped for tommorrow. You driving tommorrow or tonight?

• Like 1

Just pulled in ... 11 hours!!!  :blink  Time for some margaritas! :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Donc101 said:

Cigar! I just bought a few to bring. I am pumped for tommorrow. You driving tommorrow or tonight?

Awesome, sounds good - I'm headed out tomorrow morning at 6am - see you there!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Just pulled in ... 11 hours!!!  :blink  Time for some margaritas! :D

Nice! Enjoy the pre-game

• Like 1

For me, this event far exceeded expectations in every way and I can't thank those who attended and contributed enough for being a part of it.  I'll do a full write up later on in the trip reports forum. 

RESULTS

Unbraced: Winner - Don Cummings
DO
Don Cummings - 500, 1pt
Carl Donati - 455, 2pt
Anton Torrella - 455, 3pt
Neal Bakerlis - 440, 4pt
Kevin Collen - 360 (16s), 5pt
Bill LePage - 360 (17s), 6pt
Jose Cabrera - 350
Brandon LePage - 285

DU
Donati - 425 (18s), 1pt
Cummings - 425 (51s), 2pt
Bakerlis - 420, 3pt
Torrella - 285 (2s), 4pt
Bill LePage - 285 (3s), 5pt
Collen - 270, 6pt
Cabrera - 250, 7pt
Brandon LePage - 240 (dnf), 8pt

Rev
Bakerlis - 385, 1pt
Cummings - 360, 2pt
Donati - 325, 3pt
Torrella - 320, 4pt
Bill LePage - 275, 5pt
Cabrera - 250, 6pt
Collen - 240, 7pt
Brandon LePage - 270 (dnf), 8pt

Total Unbraced Scoring
Don Cummings - 5pt
Carl Donati - 6pt
Neal Bakerlis - 8pt
Anton Torrella - 11pt
Bill LePage - 16pt
Kevin Collen - 18pt
Jose Cabrera - 20pt
Brandon LePage - 24pt

Braced: Winner - Don Cummings
Cummings - 5/8" x 26" (25s), 1pt
Donati - 5/8" x 26" (39s), 2pt
Bakerlis - 5/8" x 30" (53s), 3pt
Collen - 5/8" x 30" (1:44), 4pt
Bill LePage - 5/8" x 34" (40s), 5pt
Torrella - 5/8" x 34" (1:07), 6pt
Cabrera - 5/8" x 34" (1:59.76!), 7pt
Brandon LePage - 1/2" x 30" (37s), 8pt

Endurance: Winner - Kevin Collen
Snap Results
Collen - 3/8" x 14" (1:45), 1pt
Cummings - 3/8" x 14" (2:18), 2pt
Donati - 5/16" x 12" (1:45), 3pt
Bill LePage - 5/16" x 12" (2:00), 4pt
Bakerlis - 3/8" x 14" (dnf), 8pt
Torrella - 3/8" x 22" (dnf), 8pt
Cabrera - 5/16" x 12" (dnf), 8pt
Brandon LePage - 5/16" x 20" (dnf), 8pt

OVERALL RESULTS: Winner - Don Cummings
Cummings - 8
Donati - 11
Bakerlis - 19
Collen - 23
Bill LePage - 25 (5th place, Bill scored higher in more events)
Torrella - 25
Cabrera - 35
Brandon LePage - 40

• Like 9

What a great day!!! Thank you Kevin for running an awesome event. Also, big thanks to all the guys who showed up. See all of you soon. 

• Like 5

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures!

• Like 5

Just pulled in ... long trip home.  It was an awesome competition with a great group of guys!  I was very happy to finally get a chance to compete head-to-head in a bending competition again.  Was thinking the past few years that it might not happen again, at least while I was still active.  So, for that, I am grateful.  I'll be doing a write-up soon, hopefully tomorrow, when I have a little more time and can think clearly.  

• Like 6