COC#2.5@131#- 5 mini reps

David Mitti

2 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Good work Mitti! How close are you to the #3 right now?

I tried the #3 after this set and was maybe 10mm away from a close.

Looks like you have to take a couple of days off and then just shut that #3 close. I think you have the strength right now. Is this #2.5 with 131lbs rating an easy, average or hard gripper? The #3 is more on the easy side i think? I would bet you close that #3 in the next week.

Good work! Please correct me if I'm wrong now, I might confuse you with someone else but didn't you close this gripper with wide reps a year ago or so???

@Hellraiser92x it's an average #2.5. I would say an average #2.5 is between 128-132 lbs. You can check ratings data at cannonpowerworks.com

• Like 1

Nice job bud!

15 hours ago, Hellraiser92x said:

Looks like you have to take a couple of days off and then just shut that #3 close. I think you have the strength right now. Is this #2.5 with 131lbs rating an easy, average or hard gripper? The #3 is more on the easy side i think? I would bet you close that #3 in the next week.

Thanks bro, hopefully sometime soon. Grippers have always been trouble for me, I can get to a 2.5# gripper close pretty quick in training but then I hit a wall. I just need to keep plugging along and not let a bad session get me down.

But yeah the #3 @143 is a light one and the #2.5 I would say is the average

13 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Good work! Please correct me if I'm wrong now, I might confuse you with someone else but didn't you close this gripper with wide reps a year ago or so???

@Hellraiser92x it's an average #2.5. I would say an average #2.5 is between 128-132 lbs. You can check ratings data at cannonpowerworks.com

Yeah with wider reps but with 4 reps.

This was a first getting 5 ,but they were narrower hits. 

Thanks for checking it out

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 2:31 PM, David Mitti said:

I tried the #3 after this set and was maybe 10mm away from a close.

You'll bang it shut in a month or two. How is your training on grippers now? Are you just back training on them since recently?

15 hours ago, David Mitti said:

Yeah with wider reps but with 4 reps.

This was a first getting 5 ,but they were narrower hits. 

Thanks for checking it out

Dang, great hold at the end as well.  :ohmy  You might have been able to convert that energy into a couple more of those reps. 

This illustrates how everyone is different.  I was definitely closing 150-ish #3s when I could perform like this on a #2.5.  In fact, I'm not sure I've ever put 5 reps on a 2.5.  I should try that out.  The gripper journey is so specific to each person taking the challenge.  You'll find your way to the #3!  You've definitely got yourself within striking distance. 

• Like 1