Ironmind Gun Trainer

Jones1874

Like a lot of the members here I use a sledgehammer or an uneven dumbell to work Radial Deviation. Ive had wrist injuries and still rehabbing one now. So the only thing i dont like about the movement, is when my wrist is in that stretch position between reps. If i werent travelling so much, id fill an old kettle with sand. Personally, i prefer the way a kettle hits my wrist from this angle, i like the isometric hold, partials and how it doesnt bother my wrists afterwards.

I was wondering if theres some sort of handle out there i could attach to my uneven standard spinlock dumbell to replicate the movement?

I would buy one if they were cheaper, but im short on cash right now anyway. So any cheap alternatives would be great. 

Thanks in advance :)

Alex

After a bit of thinking, i thought i might be able to use a a drill handle. Something like this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=drill+handle&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjh4dH25uPVAhWCYlAKHVQhDT0Q_AUIEigC&biw=601&bih=962#imgrc=ynuxaJGRWxywnM:

Using this as an example, not necessarily this brand as it doesnt look too strong. Its purpose is to handle powered tools so it should do the trick. With some luck it can hold up as i progress in weight.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank you,

Alex