My meeting with Christoph Koch "Honk"

Alawadhi

So I was in Munich, Germany and decided to meet my good and old friend Christoph Koch. Honk here on the gripboard. I actually met him long ago in 2007/2008. And we stayed good friends (Gripboard power :rock). He as usually is nice, gentleman, and strong. So I flew to his place 400 KM form my place. Nice weather and nice town. Loved the nature there. Met his parents they are so kind and welcoming and made me feel like my home (Thanks again!!!). So now to what we did in Grip :cool 

We went to his home gym. It was like any typical cool grip gym. He has almost everything grip wise. I have bad knee's (healing), bad back (healing too), and bad right wrist (also healing). His strongest gripper was a 2005 smooth CoC #3 rated @ 154 and I closed it. Was ok. Did also on barely new smooth 2-hp euro. Zero rust and chalk. Did 85K full lift and didn't know the tilt thing. Then I knew about it and did on the 90KG. Didn't do a full lift but very close. Honk told me on a well seasoned two hand euro pinch I can get around 102.5KG. Maybe more but plus minus (correct me if I am wrong Honk). Did few baby inch lifts normal and thumbless (did I do it thumb-less honk? Can't remember well). Then did one hand axle deadlift to 70KG or 80Kg normal and thumbless grip too. My wrist hurts a lot when I do thick bar. But slowly healing. Had a cast last year because of DU bend. I also thank God I didn't attempt my MMG1 cert here as Honk is as bad as me in filming closes so that would've been a big fail haha. Now I have time to practice it on camera more. 

Did two easy 15KG plate pinch. That is cheaters plate according to Honk. They have round rims which will hold more for friction. As for wide pinch he had three blobs which was the 35 and 38.5 fatman and the either 42.5 or 45 York Blobs. I clean all of them. Then he had one very amazing blobl replica made out of wood. Same exact specs. I did it plus 15KG which translate into 24 or 25 KG. That was harder than the blob50 I assure you. He said that he believes that too and Frankyboy also. And that lift equates to blob50 plus 6 pounds more. That was nice to hear. Especially doing from the more slightly rounder side (yes second generations blob and even the fatman has the more slightly rounder side).

We enjoyed breakfast and lunch with his family. Loved the food thanks! And then He drove me around 250KM to Dusseldorf airport.

All in all I had an amazing day @honk. I spoke for myself and will let Christoph speak for himself and correct me for my mistakes of forgetting haha. Can't wait for our next meet up my good friend :rock 

• Like 8

@honk See this

Btw, for interested people I have several videos if interested I can upload them. 

• Like 1

It was great meeting you again! 

I can confirm all of the above, solid pinching. :rock

My hands are still in rehab mode from last year's climbing and training for climbing so I just did some axle lifts and some blobs. 

I got 62kg both arms on the axle and had a close miss with 67kg.

DO I got 117kg and then failed 120kg...

Blobwise I got some air under the 42.5# and that was that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, honk said:

It was great meeting you again! 

I can confirm all of the above, solid pinching. :rock

My hands are still in rehab mode from last year's climbing and training for climbing so I just did some axle lifts and some blobs. 

I got 62kg both arms on the axle and had a close miss with 67kg.

DO I got 117kg and then failed 120kg...

Blobwise I got some air under the 42.5# and that was that. 

Thanks! 

I am pretty sure if your hands were healthy you would have killed lots of things. Btw you didn't fail the 120kg. You did half a lift and to be fair and worth mentioning the biggest plate you have was 15kg so we came more down in deadlifts position to lift it. And that's a huge disadvantage. I think it would've been a good lift if you used 45kg plate. Heck you yourself habe a very bad back and hands. It was also worth mentioning that two hands deads Honk beated me I did around 110kg and was scared to go higher because of my back. Such a shame because I love the axle the most. Maybe I should stick to one hand axle. But boy your axle was and is the best. Alone it weights thirty or forty kg haha. Pure peice of solid steel. 

Again can't wait to meet again my friend :rock

Oh yeah @honk. Also saw my hand size difference :P my left is a bit bigger than my right. 

Strong stuff!

• Like 1