Beginners tips

Jose Cabrera

Hi guys I'm really considering getting into arm wrestling. I found a club near me, im looking to get some ideas on how to structure basic weight training to get started. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance fellas

• 3 weeks later...

I would try to pull one time in 2 weeks at the table. In between I would do about 3 armwrestling related workouts. I would Focus on chin ups to get really strong in this exercises. Also throw in some curl Variation, wrist work and thickbar stuff. On your other Training days you could do press exercises, triceps, shoulders, chest etc and legs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Jose -- check out this page: http://oaa1.proboards.com/thread/1894/arm-wrestling-training-book-beginners

It's great reading for a beginner. 

The article was written by one of Canada's best featherweight pullers, Will Sarty.

Eric, that is a great article in the link. 

You can start with simply a judo belt attached to a weight or cable pulley - to perform pronation and supination movements. A few months later, you can begin to introduce preacher curls with heavy weights and statics to build tendon and stopping power on the table. Which is introduced only as a supplement to regular table training. Muscle ups, one arm pull up holds, heavy dumbell rows, are encouraged for overall pulling power. You can create a journal and see your progression on the heavy preacher curls as a guideline. Full ROM thick bar curls, weighted chinups, rows are used as a supplement to your regular table practice, and once every 2 weeks you can do statics.