Pinch-wrench

Adam Juncker

Here is the pinch-wrench.
It is intended to be a new way to train finger pressure and a way to train holding a "flat hand" position.

20170805_213626.thumb.jpg.426325de99568f8a52869a631fc5653d.jpg

20170805_200912.thumb.jpg.c800ab5bf2e7444e846bf253a2a69e6a.jpg

Holding it in this manner puts a lot of pressure on the finger tips and thumb. It is very difficult to hang on to as the weight goes up. Wrist curls with it are very challenging and may be beneficial to train for plate wrist curls.
20170805_201023.thumb.jpg.49a325598fbe9c9ceca0074e5a81cf8e.jpg

Holding it in this manner with a flexed wrist is for the "flat hand" position.
20170805_201042.thumb.jpg.48b2f675683976fa1d1a290d951f4ff0.jpg

If the hand and wrist open up, the device will slip down and make the device even more difficult to hang onto with a flexed wrist.

What say ye?

• Like 7

Great idea! I really like the sliding action. Have you tried hanging it for pullups?

• Like 1

@JHenze646, I think we could work something out.....  thank you for the offer. 

@Andrew Dube, No pullups on it yet, I have only used it about 3xs so far at the end of a training session.  

It has some potential I believe. But of course, I made it, so obviously I think it is cool 😁

• Like 2

Cool, looks kinda like Adam Glass's pinch bar.

Slot is interesting but an offset mount (1/3 of the height) would be similar, just grab it upside down for the different angle. Don't think I like the idea of the bar slipping, seems like a skin tearer.

12 hours ago, wobbler said:

Cool, looks kinda like Adam Glass's pinch bar.

Slot is interesting but an offset mount (1/3 of the height) would be similar, just grab it upside down for the different angle. Don't think I like the idea of the bar slipping, seems like a skin tearer.

It's made from rectangle tubing which has very round edges.  Although I textured it slightly, it is very forgiving on the thumb web. 

I have found that if you cannot maintain the flat hand position you can't get the weight very far off of the ground without the lift becoming a pinch lift.

In regard to this device in general and me in particular: pinch strength is greater than finger strength in relation to how the pressure is applied in this scenario.  

It was just a silly idea I wanted to try.  Sometimes I just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks.  

• Like 1