My Red Nail Certification

Boulderbrew

I sent IronMind an email, and have been in contact with my referee. He should have the nails in a few days. I just had my last deload bending session. I feel strong and am optimistic about my attempt. Hopefully all goes well! I will try to film my attempt and let you guys know how it goes.

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I sent IronMind an email, and have been in contact with my referee. He should have the nails in a few days. I just had my last deload bending session. I feel strong and am optimistic about my attempt. Hopefully all goes well! I will try to film my attempt and let you guys know how it goes.

You're gonna destroy it!

1 hour ago, Daniel Fleming said:

You're gonna destroy it!

Thanks, I hope so 

Awesome man cant wait to see you smash it!

4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

So you're already bending reds? :D

Looking forward to see this, good luck.

Yup. He's that guy. :laugh

5 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

So you're already bending reds? :D

Looking forward to see this, good luck.

Thanks! I have been able to bend them. In this video I don't use a board with clamps to roll the steel, but I'll bring a more sophisticated system to my cert attempt 

• Like 7

Good luck on the cert! I'd suggest chalking the hell out of the pads too on cert day to prevent any slippage - they look too blue!

• Like 1

Thanks guys, and thanks for the advise. I had not thought to chalk both sides of the wraps. 

• Like 1

Quick update. My referee just informed me that he got the package from IM.......but the nails fell out in transit. Smh oh man 

8 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Damn.. thats a bummer. Ironmind packages stuff pretty tight normally too..

Not to get all in your biz, but who's your ref?

you certing in the dfw area?

Yeah I was pretty bummed. I am certing in dfw. Daniel Sweeney is the ref.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Yeah I was pretty bummed. I am certing in dfw. Daniel Sweeney is the ref.

Tell Dan I said hello!  Sorry about your Reds by the way.  I'm sure they'll make it right though. 

Sucks about the delay, but still might be the quickest cert since first touching a red nail. :cool

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vickg said:

Bro your pretty much a monster at everything. Do you feel bouldering helped develop your wrist strength?

It is hard to say. Climbing is the only form of exercise I have ever really done. So I guess whatever strength I have now I can attribute to climbing. However, I feel that climbing developed my fingers and wide pinch much more than it did my wrists. I still consider my wrists to be my biggest weakness. Gripsport has built my wrists up a lot more though. For example, the past 6 years I have been unable to do pushups on my palms because of wrist pain (always had to do them on my fists), since training gripsport, I have been able to build my wrists up enough that I can do standard pushups again, pain free. 

17 hours ago, bencrush said:

Tell Dan I said hello!  Sorry about your Reds by the way.  I'm sure they'll make it right though. 

Will do!

Well it wasn't pretty, but I bent the nail in front of my ref under Certification conditions. Just gotta wait to hear back from IM to make it official. This was my worst red nail bend yet. My hand placement was wacky and I got overzealous. Oh well, still made it happen. 

• Like 6

Wow, you mangled that nail. Not pretty, true, but you have too much power for that to matter.

52 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Congrats! 

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Wow, you mangled that nail. Not pretty, true, but you have too much power for that to matter.

Haha I had done it so well in practice, that I just wanted to hammer it on cert day. Turned into a slipping party