genetics and other debates - my 2 cents

MarcoBuhl

At the end of the day organizers include whatever lifts they want so its a meaningless discussion. No lifts have ever been 'banned'.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2017 at 0:57 PM, Alawadhi said:

So what's your point here? Yes genetic helps a lot and we should deal with it and train harder.

my point is - while anyone can push the limits of their genetic capacity by training hard, these limits are obviously different for different ppl. one man's limit is another man's starting point type deal. so while I'm all for "training harder" I'm being realistic about these things. 

14 hours ago, beef_supreme said:

my point is - while anyone can push the limits of their genetic capacity by training hard, these limits are obviously different for different ppl. one man's limit is another man's starting point type deal. so while I'm all for "training harder" I'm being realistic about these things. 

True but that's life and same goes to everything. I mean you cannot discredit Usain Bolt because his genetics are better. Or Hussein Rezazadeh weightlifting record for having a better genetics. Or even @Morgan grip for having amazing genetics. This is life and how we are built/luck is part of it.

4 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

True but that's life and same goes to everything. I mean you cannot discredit Usain Bolt because his genetics are better. Or Hussein Rezazadeh weightlifting record for having a better genetics. Or even @Morgan grip for having amazing genetics. This is life and how we are built/luck is part of it.

I'm not looking at this from a "someone's is more gifted and that's unfair" perspective. Being realistic about these things doesn't hurt however and can be applied in practice to one's goals/programming etc. 

• Like 1

Genetic advantages for "grip" can be pretty specific.  You may get one for grippers but not much else - or pinch - or fat bar etc.  Only a few get the advantage all around - most of us find ourselves naturally better in one area than the others.   Play to your strengths - work the heck out of your weaknesses - have some fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1