2" Trilobite 217.8lbs near miss

Kluv#0

About as close as you can come to a good lift

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 2

After watching it on phone, I saw the handle get a tad loose in my hand at top so I know it was not a legal lift and did not submit. Not a gripper video but still not too shabby. JULY 1st OSH'17  my 2nd lift was below lift of 202.59 which was very easy and I stopped after that because my golfers elbow started flaring up and more events to go. For me crusher is a tad easier(best training lift 222) as it is only a 6" lift vs 7.5" and trilobite(best training lift 219) is a wonderfully textured handle(light chalk works the best) that cant be seasoned like the crusher. Some hardcore gripsters might recognize big spectator

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 3

Nice lifts man!  Do you know what your difference is on the 2" Trilobite vs. the Rolling Thunder or the 2" or 2.5" Crusher?  I think it I've read that the 2" Trilobite is harder than the RT.  But I'm curious how it compares to the Crushers of the same diameter.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bencrush said:

Nice lifts man!  Do you know what your difference is on the 2" Trilobite vs. the Rolling Thunder or the 2" or 2.5" Crusher?  I think it I've read that the 2" Trilobite is harder than the RT.  But I'm curious how it compares to the Crushers of the same diameter.

Thanks, strength recognizes strength!! 2" Trilobite is much easier than the RT by about 20lbs- for me. 2.5" Trilobite or crusher both are harder for me than RT by about 25lbs. The Trilobite 2, 2.5" are harder for me than my crushers by just a small margin but there is a difference. When I lifted 222lb on the 2" crusher last month it was after I pulled 219lb on the 2" trilobite- same workout. My left is the same way trilobite harder even taking away height requirement.

22 minutes ago, jvance said:

Nice thickbar work. Whats your RT looking like ?

Thanks, I think I mentioned this to you awhile back but w/o your RT rep advice(Thanks- you are a true warrior in all aspects of training) I would not be at this level now. As far as RT is concerned, I was doing incredibly well but veered off as I have accumulated around 40 grip implements in last 6 months- Had to try to get good at all, HA HA. Last Wednesday was the first time I used the RT since late April and did 188x2 with tired hands(always have tired hands) I feel a have outside chance of CTD next month in Anaheim as I will start bearing down on that handle for that contest. My piriformis muscle has been strained and right big toe is numb the last 2 weeks but Chiro said it should be 90-95% by late August.

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kashtan said:

Nice lifts!

You sir are a grip monster!! I appreciate the compliment

4 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Looking very strong. Rolling handles seem to be tough to make consistent progress.

Thanks, you as well!! I can make gains still as Iam always taking breaks from certains size handles and two enormous factors- adjustable thick bar Griptopz and the Grippul- it has made my grip so much better. I use both 3 times a week in a variety of fashion( heavy, rows, holds, drop sets, supers, etc)

Edited by Kluv#0

Very well done.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jared Goguen said:

Very well done.

Jared, Thank you very much!!

10 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks, I think I mentioned this to you awhile back but w/o your RT rep advice(Thanks- you are a true warrior in all aspects of training) I would not be at this level now. As far as RT is concerned, I was doing incredibly well but veered off as I have accumulated around 40 grip implements in last 6 months- Had to try to get good at all, HA HA. Last Wednesday was the first time I used the RT since late April and did 188x2 with tired hands(always have tired hands) I feel a have outside chance of CTD next month in Anaheim as I will start bearing down on that handle for that contest. My piriformis muscle has been strained and right big toe is numb the last 2 weeks but Chiro said it should be 90-95% by late August.

Some active TNS stuff might help you get over the 200lb hump.. that and work those fingertip tendons (not heavy-moderate 10 sec time under tension). That's been working for me lately and I have a very stubborn response to thickbar training. 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2017 at 8:09 PM, jvance said:

Nice thickbar work. Whats your RT looking like ?

I remember pulling 90k on my well used RT many years ago and then try a brand new RT on which I pulled 75k so its a hard question to give a meaningful answer to.

• Like 1