2017 July - SJ4 - Jason Otto

jasonotto

There's nothing I can say that has not already been said, but I will add a couple tidbits.  The Pick up Artists of NC made the trek bright and early Friday morning and we were pumped that we would be able to arrive in NJ by 3 or 4 pm!  Virginia and DC, however, had other plans for us.  We sat in bumper to bumper traffic for about 5 hours and an 8 hour trip turned into 13 hours!  No biggie as were traveling home in a Sunday...nobody is on the road then, we will make great time...

The good thing is that Bob Sundin, Scott Johnson, James Retarides and myself can always fill time with stories and such to help cope with out situations.  We laughed so hard my face still hurts...We arrived at 9 something and ate pizza.

The next day was great.  It was awesome putting faces to some names of folks I have been wanting to meet (Gerault it was good to go finally meet u!) and rub elbows with guys I haven't seen in a while.  It's always like a family reunion at these things.

First off, I have to give a huge shoutout to Nate and Maureen for hosting the competition and welcoming so many of us into their home.  They were such gracious hosts, as selfless as could be for the sake of providing the best experience possible to all guests.  The volunteers were phenomenal as well.  They set up and broke down so efficiently.  

It was wonderful seeing some new gripsters compete and some very strong folks who are going to be amazing forces in the sport.  Chez was ridiculous on grippers as was Gil and John.  Shawn Kapusta you had an amazing day, great job with the 162 30 mm close!!! Awesome performances.  

After the event the food was Amazing!  Thank you for such a wonderful spread.  The medley was amazing too (But I was too burned out to do much of anything).  With that being said, Jedd, Luke, and Gil were on point.   Great job fellas.  It was a great night chatting with everyone, tearing phonebooks and watching cool strength feats.  Delmar turned a steel bar of A mangled mess of metal.  It was awesome.   A trip I won't soon forget.

Back on the road Sunday morning after chatting it up with Mccarter and Pantke.   Again, an 8 hour drive turned into 13 due to unbievable traffic on the VA and NC border (standstill traffic with a concrete median on one side and guard rail on the othere...we were going nowhere)..at any rate, it was such a great experience and I can't wait to hit the road with the Charlotte PUAs again real soon...

• Like 14

It was great meeting and talking with you and your NC crew at the end Jason - loved the PUA shirt - definitely inspired me to dress for success and sport some local gang paraphernalia at the next comp - glad you guys made the trip and look forward to running into you again at a future grip gala

• Like 1

It was great to finally meet you and rest of your crew. Hope to see you guys again in the future at a comp. 

• Like 1