Chasing the #3

JJM

Long time since the last update. Still training grippers every week, highly motivated about getting stronger.

Had some resilient plateau which I have beaten with a long period of overload working. Also had a mild finger injury but all the pain is gone now.

I'm currently working on getting a double with GHP7 / 1,5" block set.

Video of tonight performance:

Link

Technique is better than ever, just lacking some strength endurance.

After getting the double the next goal is to get singles with 40 mm and 45 mm set blocks with GHP7 and #3.

Setting strength is great nowadays. I don't even have to think about it at all. I've closed every #3 and GHP7 I have, at least with MMS set. But #3,5 and GHP 8 are still way out of my reach.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JJM said:

Long time since the last update. Still training grippers every week, highly motivated about getting stronger.

Had some resilient plateau which I have beaten with a long period of overload working. Also had a mild finger injury but all the pain is gone now.

Link

After getting the double the next goal is to get singles with 40 mm and 45 mm set blocks with GHP7 and #3.

Setting strength is great nowadays. I don't even have to think about it at all. I've closed every #3 and GHP7 I have, at least with MMS set. But #3,5 and GHP 8 are still way out of my reach.

Nice dude those are some strong closes.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

Nice dude those are some strong closes.

Thanks. It's nice to get some improvement after difficult period.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, JJM said:

Link

Just work with them more and you'll soon be able to close them. Also working some attempts with them will make your working sets with lighter grippers easier.

Hello, mate!

Good job on the GHP7, I like how you insert the block from the bottom of the Gripper so it does not block sight. Also there is no questioning if the close is legit. Very smart!

Good luck with your training!