Routine for beginner

TeGaTsuyoi

Last week I trained my pinky and ring finger with the IMTUG 4 gripper, I can do ten full closes on it before taking a break and doing more. After too many closes I could no longer close it and moved on to the #3 and repeated the process. For my stronger two fingers I used the 4, but recently I got the 5 for those two as the 4 was too easy. And this past Saturday I went to the gym to do wrist curls and reverse wrist curls, on top of non-grip exercises like bicep curls (which I've been doing for years now).

My proposed routine is to grip train at my desk at work Monday and Tuesdays, and do wrist curls and reverses Monday, Wednesday and Friday!! I feel like doing grippers more than two days a week is too strenuous at my current level.

At my current grip level, is sticking two only the two-finger grippers okay? I feel like it's easier to specifically train my weak pinky and ring separately without putting two much strain on them when using the full hand ones. I also feel I need to do wrist curls to build forearm strength, because when I use my low level grippers I never feel soreness in my forearms.

Use full sized grippers and train all your fingers, the IMTUG's are only good for thumb pinching in my opinion. They can be good for the ring and pinky but I would not recommend that to a beginner. You will have good gains just with normal grippers.

Also, definitely train grippers when you're in the gym doing your regular weightlifting.

It's normal not to get sore from grippers. You don't get the normal type of soreness from training with them you only get fatigue and aches.

• Like 1

Check out the David Horne Beginner routine which is here on the Gripboard somewhere.  It is smart to train different aspects of your grip, especially at first (pinch, crush, support, wrist). The David Horne program does not require specialized equipment.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2017 at 2:05 PM, terminal said:

Check out the David Horne Beginner routine which is here on the Gripboard somewhere.  It is smart to train different aspects of your grip, especially at first (pinch, crush, support, wrist). The David Horne program does not require specialized equipment.

Ok thanks I'll look for that thread via a google search!

On 7/16/2017 at 10:05 PM, terminal said:

This^

Also I will mention what it is already mentioned here. Train thick bar and pinch more. Don't over do things. And you will succeed. 

• Like 3