Events:

1. 1 hand deadlift
  2. 2 hand gripper
  3. Sledge levering
  4. York Blobs
  5. Anvil medley
  6. Rope Hang

Entry Fee:

$45 (includes contest t-shirt, food & drink, prize/trophy)

Dan Cenidoza - bemoretraining@gmail.com

Old School Grip 1.png

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I will definitely join this. 

• Like 1

I am already book to work this day, but I really like this event already.  Safe to say I got bit by the grip bug...
Dan, where can we find the rules on how the sledge event will work?

• 2 weeks later...

I really like your blob scoring with the different methods of lifting it getting increasing points. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Last day to register and get a contest T-shirt is today. If you Paypal me $45 at cenidoza@msn.com by mid-night tonight, you're in. Be sure to include size.

Here's a list of our competitors so far:

image.png.5d38916bdb84ccee866ac09a0789b553.png

Special thanks to our sponsors:

Maizels Training Hall

Santa Cruz Strength

Renewed Strength MD

Baltimore Brazilian Ju Jitsu

Grapple Academy

Rule 7 Meal Prep Co.

ILL Graphics

May have to show up to this Dan.  Have to see what the boss has planned.  We need to get @Jedd Johnson down.

Rules:

York Blob Lift - 3 attempts for max weight. Competitor may call for a lighter weight after a missed attempt.

Blob sizes are 35, 45, 50, 55, 60, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105 (fatman blob)
(Actual weight is approximately 50%)

Competitor has 30 seconds to complete the lift.

The weight may be lifted in 3 different ways: 1) deadlift 2) clean 3) snatch. A successful attempt will be awarded 1 point for the deadlift, 2 points for the clean, and 3 points for the snatch.

Scoring example: 60 blob + deadlift (1) = 61 and 100 blob + clean (2) = 102.

Deadlifts must be returned to the ground with the lifting hand only; cleans and snatches may be returned to the ground with two hands. The weight must be returned to the ground under control for the lift to count. 

One Hand Deadlift - unlimited attempts for max weight. First miss and you’re out.

Implement will be a 1.25” diameter non-revolving handle with loading pin.

This will be a rising bar event starting at 100lbs with 25lb weight jumps. Competitor has 30 seconds to complete the lift. Weight must be lifted to lockout. 

2 hand gripper - 3 attempts for max weight. Competitor may not call for a lighter weight after a missed attempt.

Implement will be the Crushed to Dust gripper made by Ironmind in 1995-1996.

Competitor may select any weight in 5lb increments and is allowed multiple attempts at the same weight but may not call for a lighter weight. A 1 inch set will be contested. Handles must be completely shut using no assistance from the body (e.g. no pulling).

Competitor has 30 seconds to complete the lift. The “down” command must be given by the judge.

Anvil lift - 60 seconds for as many lifts as possible.

Implement will be a 55lb anvil from Harbor Freight.

Acceptable lifts and points awarded:
Face (pinch) - 1
Horn (vertical) - 2
Heel (clamp) - 3
Heel (key pinch) - 4 (ex: https://youtu.be/GWi-W9MiDRY )

Anvil may be lifted with one or two hands. Two hand lifts will count as half points. One hand lifts will count as double if lifted with both left & right hand. Competitor must choose to do the entire event with either one hand or two hand and may not combine the lifts.

Scoring example:

(RH + LH) face = 1+1
(RH + LH) horn = 2+2
(right only) heel = 3
9 points total

(2 hand) face = .5
(2 hand) horn = 1
(2 hand) heel = 1.5
(2 hand) key pinch = 2
5 points total

Sledge levering - 3 attempts for max weight plus “style points”

Implements used will be 8, 12 and 16 sledge hammers with 36” hickory handle.

Hammer must be held straight out at shoulder height either to the front or side. Hammer must be levered down to a point nearing the face.

The arm must remain parallel to the floor. Competitor will have a 12 inch vertical “grace area” that the hand, arm and shoulder must remain in to ensure a good lift.

Style points will be awarded and count as a tenth of a point (0-.9) Points will be awarded based on the following criteria: style, strictness, control and whether or not you choke up on the handle.

Choking up will count as a deduction and eliminate any style points. Each inch “choked” will count as a 1 point deduction.

Scoring example:

8lb lever - 6” choke = (8 - 6) = 2

12lb lever - perfectly strict, stylish, touches the nose +.9 (highest style point that can be awarded) = 12.9

16lb lever = not very strict, ugly, smashes your face (no style points awarded) = 16”

16” lever = hand drops outside of the grace area = no lift

Rope Hang -  straight arm hang for time.

Implements used will be two 1.5” manila ropes hung from the ceiling. Competitor will take one rope in each hand and step off of a 12” box to ensure the feet do not touch the ground. Time starts when both feet have left the box and ends when one or both feet touch the ground.

On 10/24/2017 at 8:02 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

May have to show up to this Dan.  Have to see what the boss has planned.  We need to get @Jedd Johnson down.

Mike how far is this from where we  were in Wysox? I would love to do this one. The events are right up my alley 

12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

4 hours with no stops.

From Binghamton? That's not too bad. I wonder if Jedd wants to do it! Can someone enter at the door or is too late?

Joseph,

Thanks for your interest. You could register at the door, we have plenty of spots left and I don't see them filling in the last week.

Feel free to reach out to me direct as I don't get on here much.

-Dan

bemoretraining@gmail.com

28 minutes ago, Dan Cenidoza said:

Joseph,

Thanks for your interest. You could register at the door, we have plenty of spots left and I don't see them filling in the last week.

Feel free to reach out to me direct as I don't get on here much.

-Dan

bemoretraining@gmail.com

Thanks for the info Dan!