Tested out my Calibration device on grippers tonight

acromegaman

How cool is that?  Nice rig.

I couldn't catch all of that on my phone.  Were/are you comparing numbers with CPW and others?

• Like 1

The first 2 videos are comparisons and I get a pound higher on both grippers. 

• Like 3

Nice. Ty.

• Like 1

Wow. First rating I have ever heard of from a Thor. Over 600 lbs. crazy hard

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Chez said:

This was my primary reason to build this device. I wanted to see how much that sucker had in it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Crazier?  EJ chest crushed this.

Crazier still?  I told him it didn't count with wraps on it (just messing with him really lol)...and he did it barehanded...bruised the crap out of his hands.  Nuts.

• Like 6

That's awesome Delmar, I don't think anyone has ever built a rig that can rate grippers that high! I like how you use the strip of paper to find the close. The real test for the rig is what happens when you try to rate the hercules??

• Like 2

Really nice rig, Delmar. I would be terrified to rate a gripper that high. I get nervous rating my grippers in the 200's because of how much energy gets stored up in that spring. I'd love to get with you and see all the details of that thing.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tom Scibelli said:

That's awesome Delmar, I don't think anyone has ever built a rig that can rate grippers that high! I like how you use the strip of paper to find the close. The real test for the rig is what happens when you try to rate the hercules??

Soon he's gonna use dental articulating paper. ;) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

I would be terrified to rate a gripper that high. I get nervous rating my grippers in the 200's because of how much energy gets stored up in that spring.

To be honest, I got a little nervous watching the vid of him rating the Thor. Especially when he was moving it around with that piece of metal. I knew nothing would happen since he posted the vid but still haha. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tom Scibelli said:

Thanks Tom! The paper is just carry over from being a machinist. Lol. Also, I doubt that the hercules will ever be calibrated because the handles would fail fairly quick.

18 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Really nice rig, Delmar. I would be terrified to rate a gripper that high. I get nervous rating my grippers in the 200's because of how much energy gets stored up in that spring. I'd love to get with you and see all the details of that thing.

I made a video for Jared already. I'll shoot you a link in a minute.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Soon he's gonna use dental articulating paper. ;) 

Or Plasti-Gage. 😃

1 minute ago, Chez said:

To be honest, I got a little nervous watching the vid of him rating the Thor. Especially when he was moving it around with that piece of metal. I knew nothing would happen since he posted the vid but still haha. 

I was nervous too Chez. I kept looking back to see if the handles were flexing. That was my main concern. I was scurred 😮

• Like 1