Old Man Back in the 500 club. 600 again before I turn 51

Mike Rinderle

12 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Haha yeah the music is never optimal for lifting where I'm currently training!😆With some good old Slipknot playing I would've cleaned and pressed that weight! No doubt!

Strong pull brother! 💪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

Haha yeah the music is never optimal for lifting where I'm currently training!😆With some good old Slipknot playing I would've cleaned and pressed that weight! No doubt!

Strong pull brother! 💪

You might have thrown it through the ceiling!  

• Like 1

Stronger than me

30 minutes ago, JStepien said:

Stronger than me

Don't believe that for a second. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice work and at a "seasoned" age. It is hard to tell from the front but I hope you're not pulling with a rounded back as it looks like it might be. Try filming a max pull from the side. Take it from me, an injury will set you back pretty far.

No meet for me tomorrow.   Down and out with pneumonia.  :angry:

22 hours ago, deadlifterfromberlin said:

I hope you get well soon! Best wishes! The meet can wait.

Thanks buddy.  Crushed.  All that work for nothing.  Revenge will be mine.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

On 9/8/2017 at 0:22 AM, king crusher said:

Nice work and at a "seasoned" age. It is hard to tell from the front but I hope you're not pulling with a rounded back as it looks like it might be. Try filming a max pull from the side. Take it from me, an injury will set you back pretty far.

Thanks.  Lower back never rounds.  I round upper back slightly on purpose.  Helps with strength off floor and doesn't put lumbar spine in compromised position.  All good.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Awesome work Mike!  Stay with it and no doubt you will be back.

• Like 1

Heal up buddy. You're just getting more training behind you to the next comp. 

• Like 1

I just did a very quick Google search for Raw PL records in the 70 to 74 year old age group 90k class in Ohio.  Pretty sure I got this covered - as there are no results listed - is there a minimum :) you have to lift?  I only saw a couple federations - I'm sure there's some old beast out there who is still strong as an ox putting up some huge numbers in his 70s and beyond.

3 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I just did a very quick Google search for Raw PL records in the 70 to 74 year old age group 90k class in Ohio.  Pretty sure I got this covered - as there are no results listed - is there a minimum :) you have to lift?  I only saw a couple federations - I'm sure there's some old beast out there who is still strong as an ox putting up some huge numbers in his 70s and beyond.

I think you got this!

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

I think you got this!

LOL

No way I'm ever going to bench press again - last time I ended up with shoulders that hurt for months - and never even got up to bodyweight :).  I can do some with DBs but no barbell work left in these old shoulders.  Squats are OK if I go kind of wide and really watch not to get bent over.  And DL is something I have to build up over a period of months to do it safely and can only go heavy with a sort of semi Sumo style.  I may do a meet in a couple years in the climbing off season to fill in some time.  Get me some "gimme" records LOL.

• Like 1