Some of my latest grip feats! (It's been a while since I've posted anything)

Daniel Fleming

(details inside each video box)

100.4lbs / 45.54kg x 4reps on the flask:

Little Big Horn static hold:

3 consecutive flask pull-ups:

I hope to run into a bunch of you guys at SJ4!
Less than 1 month away!
Keep on training hard!!!

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 15

You have got some serious pinching power! Excited to hear how things turn out at SJ4. 

• Like 1

Looking good man. Glad to see fellow Canadians gripping' hard.

Do you do much of your actual training by hanging or do you save the hanging for once-in-a-while feats? I recently watched an old video of Adam T Glass' where he presents on the value of hanging from various implements and combinations of implements and I am curious to know how many people actually use that approach. I imagine that some of the climbers are more likely to do it.

Al

Edited by terminal
  • Like 1

Inspiring stuff man!

Well done.

• Like 1

Nice 1 arm strength, excited to meet you at SJ4 and even more excited that I'm not in your weight class haha

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

You have got some serious pinching power! Excited to hear how things turn out at SJ4. 

Thanks Tanner!    There will definitely be a write up or 2!

6 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Pure power!

Thanks Igor!

3 hours ago, anwnate said:

Inspiring stuff man!

Well done.

Thanks Nate.  I appreciate it, man.

2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Nice 1 arm strength, excited to meet you at SJ4 and even more excited that I'm not in your weight class haha

Thanks dude!   Which weight class will you be competing in?

11 hours ago, terminal said:

Looking good man. Glad to see fellow Canadians gripping' hard.

Do you do much of your actual training by hanging or do you save the hanging for once-in-a-while feats? I recently watched an old video of Adam T Glass' where he presents on the value of hanging from various implements and combinations of implements and I am curious to know how many people actually use that approach. I imagine that some of the climbers are more likely to do it.

Al

Thanks, Al!
I don't actually train with hanging, I just give this stuff a try every once in a while.
There might be some benefits from training with hanging grip feats, but for now I definitely prefer regular lifting.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Daniel Fleming said:

Thanks dude!   Which weight class will you be competing in?

66kg, this will also be my first grip contest and first time on most implements

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Climber028 said:

66kg, this will also be my first grip contest and first time on most implements

You're going to have so much fun!!

Well done :rock 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Well done :rock 

Thanks dude! :rolleyes

Wow your grip strength is unbelievable. Is there anyone else that can do those flask pull ups that was the first time I have seen that feat done. It looks like SSJ4 is going to be an incredible contest, good luck man. I imagine a lot of records are going to be broken that day. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Wow your grip strength is unbelievable. Is there anyone else that can do those flask pull ups that was the first time I have seen that feat done. It looks like SSJ4 is going to be an incredible contest, good luck man. I imagine a lot of records are going to be broken that day. 

Thanks, man!    There's a handful of guys that have done Flask pull-ups!    I'm sure there are more, but they just haven't gotten around to trying it yet. 

How does the difficulty of a flask pull up compare to rafter pull ups? I assume rafters would be easier since you can get some chest compression to increase friction.

2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

How does the difficulty of a flask pull up compare to rafter pull ups? I assume rafters would be easier since you can get some chest compression to increase friction.

Actually opposite.  The flask is no doubt easier than a rafter.
Pinch surface width will always change how difficult it is depending on how big your hands are, but if the rafter was the same size as the flask it would definitely still be harder.  The fact that the flask hangs freely when I hook it up to my ceiling makes it a lot easier.
Its more pressure on the wrists/fingers when hanging from a rafter seeing as it doesn't move/curl in at all.

Ah, so if you had a flask that was vertical and locked in place it would be very difficult. Interesting stuff.