Tricep Rope extension single arm and double arm 3 x12 

Preacher Curl 3 x12 

Wednesday 

30 min light basketball 

Bench press 275 4x12 335 x 3 pause each rep easy

Lat Pulldowns with manus grips 4x12 

Chess Press machine 4x12 

Leg Extension and Curl 4x15 

I meant to do front squats but I got to the gym late and both squat racks were in use and I didn't want to rush a leg workout. Plan to Hit it tonight again. I'm about a month back into it still at the same weight but I've noticed I have regained some lost muscle. Clothes are feeling tighter around arms legs and chest. I'm making progress but still need to improve my eating. I will find a way to compete next year. I'm really excited to just see how the ssj4 contest plays out this weekend. I'm going into my last semester of my math degree next month so I'm looking forward to graduating and having more time. Working nearly full time with kids and school is draining.  New page so I will be sure to get a video of some heavier lifts and revenge on my harder 3.5.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

Thursday 

30 min cardio

Barbell curls 95 3x12

Manus hammer curls 45lb bumbell 3x12

Dips assisted 3x12

Rope extension 3x12

Preacher curl machine 3x12

Flask 80lbs loaded 3x3 each hand left were not full lockout 65 5x5 each hand

Saturday 

Front squats  135x10 275 6x6

Preacher curl 25 lbs each side 5x15 did it in between sets

Manus grip lay pull-down 4x15

Triceps single arm extension 4x15 

Leg extension 4x12 

Front squats felt good got to gym late again didn't have time for grip

• Like 1

Monday

Front Squat 135 x8 225 x5 315 5x5 

Leg Curl and extension 4x15 

Bench Press 135 x 10 225 x 10 315 4x7 easy 

Chest Press Machine 4x12 

Heavy lat pulldown rows close underhand grip 3x12

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Tuesday

Manus grip rows 135 4x15 slow and control 

Manus Hammer Curls 40lb dumbbell 4x12 -hard on forearms 

Skull Crushers 4x12 100lbs 

Manus Grip Lat pulldown 4x12 -forearms were done by the end of this-

Tricep rope extension 4x12 single arm 

Preacher Curl 4x12 25lbs each end 

Dips 3x10

Preacher curl machine single arm 3x12 

Hanging from bar raising legs 4xfailure -i need to make a effort to work core daily its a lagging muscle group for me-

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Wednesday 

20 min cardio eliptical

Bench Press 135 x 12 225 x 10 315x3 365x3 385 x3 405 x3 (decently hard but could have gone higher) 335 4x7 

Machine Press 4x12 

Incline Press Machine 4x12(don't like this machine much wont use it again I think I'm too tall for it. I started getting cramps in my neck)

Rope extension single arm (4x12) 

Heavy Lat pulldown underhand grip 3x10 

Machine ab crunch 4x12 (awkward machine I'll stick to the leg raises)

Happy with the bench today will do only legs tomorrow along with some arm/back. I've cut back a little on the other grip the manus grips really tax my grip but I've started doing some light sledge work at night also that I don't log since I don't really track the reps I just do a little before I sleep. I weighed in heavier then I would like but I attribute that to higher sodium intake today. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

Saturday -missed last two days due to unexpected work only got in some cardio Fri with some swimming- 

15 min cardio bike 

Front squat 135 x 10 225 x 8 315 x 5 365 3x3 275 3x7 

Leg curl and extension 4x15 

Preacher Curl machine two arms and single arm 4x12 

Tricep rope extension single and double arm 4x12 

Hanging leg raises 4x12-ugly but tough- 

Cable rope ab crunch 4x12 

Leg raises and extension at the end 4x12 

Ghp 7 2x10 1x5 hand gassed out right hand and 3x10 assisted closes with left hand 

My abs are a weak link for sure those ab exercises were tough. I have never really trained abs before consistently and thought compound movements were enough but I was wrong about that. I'm going to make an effort to train them daily even if its just a little to try and bring them up. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Bench Press 135 x 10 225 x 10 315 x5 385 3x5

Front Squat 135 x 10 225 x 10 315 x 5 365 x 2 405 x 2(hard wanted 3 but was a little gassed after pressing) 350 x 5(hard thought I could get few more sets but was done after this the 405 took more out of me then I expected)

Leg press machine 4x12 

Leg extension and curl 4x12 

Hanging Leg raises 4x12 

Weighed Rope Crunch 4x12 

Ghp 7 2x10 and 1x hold each hand (left assisted still) 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

Tuesday

Barbell Curls with globe gripz 135 3x6 and 95 3x15-the globe gripz help a lot with wrist pain on this movement-

Overhead tricep extension seated with curl bar 4x12 

Preacher curls 4x12 

Tricep single arm extension and overhead extension with ropes 4x12 all 

Manus hammer curls 4x15

Manus rack pulls below the knee 275 3x5-way harder then I thought after the first two reps the last 3 were ugly not full locked out the grips kept spinning out of my hand-

Manus time holds not resting on leg 225 3xfailure 

Hanging from a bar 3x failure 

Lat pulldown manus grips 2x15 

4x12 leg raises 

Incline Press 135 x 10 225 x 10 315 4x7 

Chest Press Machine 4x12 

Rope single arm and overhead extension 4x15 all 

Lat pulldown 4x12 

1hp Flask 75lbs loaded weight 5x5 each hand

Hanging Leg Raises 4x12 

Hanging From bar 4x failure 

• Like 1

Lost a few workouts was out of town this weekend and did some hiking on Sunday with bad shoes so I took Mon and Tues off also 

Wednesday 

30 min basketball warm-ups 

Bench press 135x10 275x8 365 close grip x6(test lift August of arms) 405 x4 365 x8 225x15 (happy with bench today felt strong)

Machine press 4x12

Max triceps pushdown with ropes 4x8(max weight machine handles) 

Max dumbbell curl 90 each arm not that strict again test lift 

Max reps ez bar curl against wall 125 x8

Some more arm stuff part of August of arms (highly recommend you order it's a top quality product)

1hp Flask 75lbs loaded 4x4

85lbs loaded weight 3x1 right hand got my last rep on video I'll post later for critique. Left hand just 3 holds assisted to top. 

95lbs loaded just a bunny hop but did two sets of holds with assisted lift to top. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Last Thursday just did accessory work -arms(doing this daily with august or arms),cardio and abs- 

Friday I did a pure cardio session at the track throwing shot putts/discus along with some sprinting. Lot of fun to throw some stuff. 

Monday

Front squats 135 x 10 225 x 5 275 4x8 gassed haven't done a heavy leg workout in a while 

Curls/extension leg machine 4x12 all

Bench Press 135 x 15 275 x 8 365 x 5 405 x 3 last rep pause(felt smooth) 405 x 8 (slingshot used now) 315 x 12(slingshot used). I like the slingshot for more volume work after working up to the heavy set really feels a lot better on my shoulders. 

Chest Press machine 4x12 

Arms-august of arms routine- 

• 11 months later...

I"m back training after a year lay off. I got crazy busy with finishing the last year of my math degree and starting a family along with a new job picking up. I have lost a lot of strength due to lack of any real diet along with hurting my back again a few months back helping a friend move out. I am humbly  starting from the very bottom(I'm a lot weaker then my last lay off due to a worse diet and coming back from a bad injury) but I hope to continue to make progress and be apart of the best strength community around.

Thursday workout 

15 min cardio elliptical  

Incline press 185 3x 10 

Dumbbell Flat press 3x 10 

Machine Press 4x12

Rope pulldown circuit 4x12 (single arm and overhead)

Strict bar curl 95 4x 10

Hammer Curls 3x10 with manus grips  30 lb

Reverse curls with manus grip 65

Farmers walk with manus grip 55

Forearm curls didnt count mostly for a stretch 

Finish out with sledge levering away and toward my face 4 sets didn't count reps just until form started to break. 

Hope to get some squats in later today. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

Good to see you back at it. I have seen your name on impressive grip lists💪

• Like 1

Thank you. Top of my goals is to be able to compete late next year at nationals if all goes well.(a long term goal I have had) I got a long road to go though. 

Saturday 7/28 

15 min cardio elliptical

Front squats worked up to 3x3 at 275 and 315 x1. These felt good considering I did it belt less and I get a lot out of a belt on squats.  I probably wont go heavy much again(back still isn't great with heavy loads) but I wanted to see where I was roughly for a single to adjust my weight for volume work. 

Back extension bodyweight slow tempo 4x12

Barbell curl globe gripz  4x12 

Hammer Curls with manus grips 3x 10 

Preacher curls with manus grips 3 x 10

Lat pulldowns with manus grips 4x12

Single arm rope extension 4 x 15 each arm followed by burnout two handed

I will do some sledge levering tonight also forward and backward again. Rest day tomorrow but will probably get a 60 min+ high paced walk in. Legs again on monday with some pinch training. Feels great to be training again this is my 3rd week back and I'm starting to not feel like complete death after my workouts. 

• Like 1

Thanks ben I still got your rolling thunder I'm getting ready to put it to good use again. 

7/30 

15 min cardio eliptical 

Front squats worked up to 225 3x9 (wanted 4 but didn't pace myself well so didn't try the last set)

Back extension 3x15 slow tempo bodyweight 

Romanian Deadlift with dumbbels(with manus grips) 75lbs 3x10

Hammer curls with manus grips (3x10) 40

Lat Pulldowns with manus grips (3x8)  - I really like this exercise for grip and my back-

Preacher curl machine 3x10 

Will do some leveing tonight again also.  Ran out of time for pinch will have to get it in tomorrow. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Good to see you back at it dude. Congrats on the degree, family and career 

• Like 1

Thanks Chez. Congratulations also on the MM7. You ability to continue to push for your goals despite your injury set backs is a true inspiration and shows just how mentally strong you are. 

7/31

Incline Press 195 3x10

1 hand pinch Flask 5x3 each hand (assisted and held for left hand after first set) 75lbs

I tore my thumb webbing on these coming down too hard on my last sets but right hand felt especially strong on these for the last 2 sets. I probably should have dropped 10lbs for my left hand but I was too lazy to switch the weights 

Triceps machine 3x12 

Rope pulldowns single arm and double arm 3x12 all 

Lat pulldowns with manus grips (3x10 fairly light focusing on grip)

8/1

Front squat 3x5 275 (felt good got a velctro belt today so these were a lot more stable even with a cheap belt)

Rack pulls slightly above knee worked up to 600 x2 then 545 3x3 (with straps). These felt good I want to do more rack pulls on my leg days since I'm not doing any deadlifts right now. Also my traps have always been a bit more underdeveloped for my size so hoping these will help. 

Back extension 3x12 with 25 lb plate 

Hammer curls with manus grips 3x8

Reverse curls 3x10

Lat pulldowns with manus grips 3x10

Preacher curls 3x10 

Sledge levering

I do my levering just like this which feels the best for me and hits the top of my forearm really well.'ll do a couple to my face but most are done in this way since they feel the best. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8/2

Had to get a quick workout in today and was still pretty sore from yesterday. 

Incline press 225 3x8 

Machine Press 3x12 

Hammer press shoulders 3x10

Hammer press incline variation 3x10 

I'll probably take Friday off or do just cardio and go for a heavy grip/leg day Saturday. Hopefully record some grip lifts to see where I'm at on the rolling thunder. 

Got 3 days of rest so I decided to go a bit heavy today to push myself. 

10 min warm up then about 5 min warm up with hip circle(various walking motions then some bodyweight and goblet squats) This is my typical warm up. 

Front squat  bar x 15 slow 135 x 10 slow , 225x6 (pause last 3) 275 x 3(quick pause last rep) 315 3x3 (pause last rep on all sets)  hard sets 

Yates Rows (more upright with some cheating pulling bar to belly button sometimes lower) 315 4x8 with straps. 

Rolling Thunder worked up to 200 loaded weight 3x3 with the right hand(happy with these they felt strong) did 200 2x with left first set(second rep partial lift only) dropped down to 180 for 2x3. These were not the cleanest reps but still fairly good. Will go back to more volume on these next time I do them. 

! hand pinch flask 75lbs loaded weight 3x3 right hand 3x3 left hand assisted last 2 sets. Need to do more volume on these also but webbing in hand still has not healed yet. 

Back extension bodyweight 3x12 slow tempo focusing glutes/hamstrings 

Lat pulldowns with manus grips 3x10 (Probably my favorite machine back exercise right now with these manus grips)

Hamstring Curls 3x10  (leg extension machine was broken but I need to get some more quad work)

Hammer curls with manus grips 2x12 then preacher curls 2x12 

Good workout today the rest did wonders for my strength. My lower back was a bit tired after the rolling thunder for sure I got to be a little more careful on those its a bit of a awkward movement with the heavier weight when my form breaks down. I feel 180 is a good weight to push heavier volume for right hand but should go down to probably 160 for left hand. I'm about a month back at it and my strength is finally starting to come back. Hope by the end of the year to be back to where I was then focus on next year to actually compete which is my main goal right now. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

8/07

15 min standard warm up

Incline press 235 4x8 

Strict Press 155 4x7 

Rope pulldowns single arm and double arm overhead 4x12 all 

lat pulldowns with maus grip for a stretch and pump 3x15 light 

Sledge Levering 

Quick workout today 

8/08

15 min warm up

Front squat bar x15 135 x 10 225 x 8 275 3x6 (2 second pause on last rep all sets)

1 hand pinch flask 

50 lbs loaded weight both hands 3x12 then using just ring and index finger 1 x10 both hands. All reps done strict but held last rep on each set until failure and right hand lasted longer. 

Barbell Curl with globe grips(these really help with elbow pain) 95 4x12 

i want to get some gripper work in but I need some more equipment since I can only find my ghp 7 and coc 4 right now. I am still able to mash monster close the ghp 7 just about anytime I want but have a ways to go to get it back to TNS level and getting to coc 3.5 level again. I also can't quite get it closed with left hand so need to bring that back up also. I'm guessing I'll probably need a ghp 6 and coc 2.5 and a warm up gripper for my left hand and a ghp 8 and coc 3.5 for my right hand. 

8/09

15 min warm up

Incline press bar x 15 135 x 10 185 x 12 205 3 x 12

Press machine 3x12

Rope pulldowns single arm 4x12

Kept it really simple and quick body is pretty sore still. 

8/13

15 min warm up

Rack pulls above knee(higher then last time maybe two inches above knee cap) 

Bar x20 135 x15 225 x15 495 x8 675 x3  765 2x2 then back down to 675 3x3. All with straps. I've always been strong at the top end of a deadlift but it felt good to move some heavy weight. I think i'll back down to just barley above knee since it engages my legs more plus I couldn't go any heavier at my gym then 765. 

Heavy lat pulldowns (max weight to failure x 4)  with straps. 

Strict Barbell Curls 95 3x10

Hammer curls with manus grip 3x10 

Preacher curls machine 3x10

Meant to do Rolling Thunder but forgot my handle. I'll do some levering tonight also and hit pinch tomorrow. 

Got a little busy past few days so been taking this week a little easy

Just got in a 60 min cardio session Wednesday 

8/17 

Warm up 

Incline press 225 4x10

Machine Chest Press 4x12 

Rope pulldown single arm and double arm 4x12 

I should have time to get a good training session in tomorrow for grip.