GHP10 contest

Kashtan

Few years ago on site of Wade was written: first who close GHP Level 10 - take prize 1000$.

This competition is still valid? I could not find him now.
And if so, from which set? MMS, 20 mm, 25, 1.5''...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On Thursday, June 08, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Kashtan said:

Few years ago on site of Wade was written: first who close GHP Level 10 - take prize 1000$.

This competition is still valid? I could not find him now.
And if so, from which set? MMS, 20 mm, 25, 1.5''...

Are you, Valery, Vano or someone else close or training with one?

12 hours ago, Yan_Wei said:

Are you, Valery, Vano or someone else close or training with one?

Vano close from very deep chocker - around 8 mm. Valery hold Silver Bullet few second. 

I do not have.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

If I'm not mistaken, Nathan Holle claims to have closed the 10 in training before. Hopefully that's something we'll get to see video of!

• 3 years later...

There is a video of David Shamey closing a lighter rated GHP10 on youtube but it goes out of frame & may be more of a leg assisted set, not sure, but it's still a GHP10 closed

10 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

There is a video of David Shamey closing a lighter rated GHP10 on youtube but it goes out of frame & may be more of a leg assisted set, not sure, but it's still a GHP10 closed

There's another angle of that same close from a friend's phone, It was so painfully close but it wasn't closed

• Like 2

Yeah, Nathan Holle has said in the comments on one of his Instagram posts, that he has closed a GHP 10 before. I believe him, he's a humble guy, and we've seen him close a 232 RGC Xbat gripper on video.

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 2

Mine is rated 270 and change by Jedd, I don't think I could close it without using a cheater bar or two.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We now have a DS close from Carl uploaded today. No leg set. Not a super clear view of the handles but you can tell he closed the **** out of it. I'd link the video but his IG is private. Crazy video too, never seen someone's hand shake like that after a close before.

• Like 7

It's all the more impressive to me after I wide-setted one (& that's it, just setting it) but already having it feel like a CoC3 at wide set position. To still push past that position is incredible. I'm also noticing how how much wider his fingers are give him so much worse leverages (all his stronger fingers are very high up the handle) but given his pinky is probably larger than my pointer finger it's probably not a big deal. But interesting to note that he has technically "worse" leverages, that are still offset by even crazier strength than any of us could possibly comprehend. We don't need weight classes, we need species classes with him. I could picture him owning a gumball machine full of coc3's since they are basically toys at that point. GHP10 is 75% heavier than a 3. A 3 is 57% of a GHP10.

What would this be in MM equivalent? Like Mash Monster 14?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

We now have a DS close from Carl uploaded today. No leg set. Not a super clear view of the handles but you can tell he closed the **** out of it. I'd link the video but his IG is private. Crazy video too, never seen someone's hand shake like that after a close before.

WOW

That has to be the first DS GHP 10 close on video?

• Like 2

Craziest thing I've ever seen in strength sports tbh

The man is my hero

• Like 4

8 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

What would this be in MM equivalent? Like Mash Monster 14?

Cannon estimated the MM10 to be between 230-240 lb. The lightest GHP10 rated by CPW was 240 lb.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Jared P said:

WOW

That has to be the first DS GHP 10 close on video?

Yes, only David Shamey and Qianchen Yang got close with a very deep leg set on video.

This is beyond impressive, huge congrats to Carl for his amazing display of crushing strength.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 4:05 PM, insane.warrior said:

As for me, this is legit parallel set!

THE GREATEST FILMED RESULT

BABE6698-4FF1-4123-8980-D2A8C398B39C.jpeg

So that set resulted in a close?

8 minutes ago, Cannon said:

So that set resulted in a close?

The video is filmed not from the best angle possible but It’s either closed or there is a gap of a fraction of the millimetre.

A1777A2D-089F-449E-AF68-665465226FC3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, insane.warrior said:

The video is filmed not from the best angle possible but It’s either closed or there is a gap of a fraction of the millimetre.

A1777A2D-089F-449E-AF68-665465226FC3.jpeg

Still. DAMN.

• Like 3

Knowing what i know about Carl its probably closed, I haven't seen him miss a gripper attempt the whole time he's been doing grippers

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I would love to see him do the #4 cert. I hope that comes together some day. 

MM ladder would be a great option as well.
From what we have seen, Carl is capable to destroy MM10 (if it's 240 lbs range).

But he might not be interested in spending months on reaching MM9, MM10.

If MM authorities could arrange some optimised process specifically for Carl, that would be amazing initiative, imho.

He deserves to to be there more than anyone. Probably community support would help to lure Carl in :))

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

If MM authorities could arrange some optimised process specifically for Carl, that would be amazing initiative, imho.

This does get brought up a couple times every year. The GripBoard has always maintained that everyone will be treated the same. Nobody has ever been allowed to go out of order, have more than 1 gripper at a time, or start anywhere except MM1. It has also been viewed as part of the prestige of being at the top. Those guys went through it all. It would be like an elite climber doing Everest but insisting to be dropped off at the highest base camp because everything up until then is a joke for them. (That analogy probably doesn't hold up under scrutiny but I went with it LOL).  

• Like 4