Benders..what do you think of this?

JoshW

New to bending. 

May 24 ordered the 3 Beginner Levels Steel Benders Helpers.  Were $20.00 each, less $5.00 discount, plus $8.00 shipping, Total $63.00

Were delivered May 30.  I was looking for something to do Reps with.

These are excellent made Products and reasonably priced. 

1 hour ago, Gary Gray said:

New to bending. 

May 24 ordered the 3 Beginner Levels Steel Benders Helpers.  Were $20.00 each, less $5.00 discount, plus $8.00 shipping, Total $63.00

Were delivered May 30.  I was looking for something to do Reps with.

These are excellent made Products and reasonably priced. 

Hey Gary.  That's great to hear.  Can you provide us with updates every month or two on how you believe their use translates into stronger bends?  Thanks.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2017 at 6:34 PM, JoshW said:

I was willing to give him another chance, but after the messages he sent me the other day calling me a weasel etc and apparantly i got everyone on the gripboard to hate him?

I will not buy from him on principle now, ivan and alexey for example..hard to find nicer people out there. Andrew also has always gone out of his way to help me.

Wont support a business where the owner is just down right nasty.

He is the site owner??

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, JoshW said:

Also be interesting to see the quality etc of his steel. Irongrip and fbbc are both very well established in the steel bending world and noone can argue the quality of their products so be interesting to see where he gets his steel from and whether its compare able at all 

I live in Camp Verde Arizona and I recognize the mill scale pattern on the 1/4" hr round and the slight patina look of the 5/16" cr round steel. I'm positive he gets it from Yavapai Steel, and the 1/4" cr sq looks exactly like the stuff from Prescott Steel. I have the same steel myself, I don't know how to calibrate it, but with some help/explanation I could.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JoshW said:

Whats the 5/16" crs like from there? Anything to compare it with?

I just did his 5/16×7 the other day. I found it to be easier than a Bastard from FBBC and pretty close to a red nail. Not as easy as what I buy from my local hardware stores.

But in fairness it was at the end of my bending session (after a few reds) so I wasn't fresh. 

3 hours ago, JoshW said:

I have a freak batch of red nails, makes bastards feel like 60Ds

The first batch I bought were like that. Made it seem like an impossible goal for me to cert to the IM standards. This new batch is a bit better. I can do a few in single leathers. Stepping my way back from doubles. 

I have some 5/16 4340 steel that is ridiculous. Are you going to SJ4?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JoshW said:

Whats the 5/16" crs like from there? Anything to compare it with?

I haven't bent the 5/16" crs yet but once I can bend the red nails I got from a friend a year or so ago and the bastards I got with my FBBC wraps I can give a better comparison if someone doesn't in the meantime. I'm just getting back into bending after a hand injury unrelated to bending. I can say that the 1/4" crs feels as hard as the yellow and blue nails I have.

• Like 1

Im bending mostly in bbw wraps at the moment, hurting alot but switching back to doubles the kink power is going up dramatically. Not going to SJ4 as i live in the UK but one day soon will take a trip to US and compete in grip/bending comps!

In no rush to find out, good luck with your bending comeback!

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, JoshW said:

Im bending mostly in bbw wraps at the moment, hurting alot but switching back to doubles the kink power is going up dramatically. Not going to SJ4 as i live in the UK but one day soon will take a trip to US and compete in grip/bending comps!

In no rush to find out, good luck with your bending comeback!

If the bending comeback was about mine, thanks.

• Like 1

I really like the product name "Peacemaker Parakara keychains" :D but rather preffer the Marshall Rosenberg method !

With squares, I agree with Josh, to lock the bar, twisting the wraps is enough. I use single IM wraps, no rubber band; it's my way to perform the bend and really like it.

BTW, good luck with your business.

• Like 1