Benders..what do you think of this?

JoshW

I recently saw that too. My thoughts are that it can only help grow exposure for bending and grip sport as a whole. I am also considering a startup for bending with rated bars and some unique offerings. But starting with tougher stuff than 1/4 CRS, although it would be a good entry level bar for women. I plan to have the wife do his 1/4 cert.

Looking forward to other people's reactions. 

Edited by Sapper88
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jose Cabrera said:

Its hilarious, a 1/4" hrs certification, they should be ashamed. 

As far as the HRS is concerned...the IM Green and White are practically coathangers...yet still elicit excitement and stepping stones for new benders.

1 hour ago, Sapper88 said:

I recently saw that too. My thoughts are that it can only help grow exposure for bending and grip sport as a whole. I am also considering a startup for bending with rated bars and some unique offerings. But starting with tougher stuff than 1/4 CRS, although it would be a good entry level bar for women. I plan to have the wife do his 1/4 cert.

Looking forward to other people's reactions. 

I agree that exposure for bending and grip is a good thing.

I don't find the inception of the leaderboards surprising at all.

I'd like to point out that it's also a very natural progression for a company (like BSS or MGT) to create leaderboards that help promote competition and sales.  

TIME itself, will prove whether the product itself is helpful.  Despite the transparent selling techniques...he is reaching out and tapping a market that our own little corner of the Galaxy has yet ignored.  This is going to be helpful to everyone down the road.  I only hope that those who participate... research and reach out to find the least injurious techniques to attempt these certifications, because steel bending is not without mishaps.

As far as the boards themselves are concerned, he's used terms different than FBBC to label his bends (well...big is not copyrighted...and does not equate a 6.5" bend anyway).

They are also simplified to single inch increments...which follows the KISS principle and is hard to argue with.

Despite Cedric's inauspicious start here on the GripBoard, I do not begrudge him success with his company.  

I have great respect for our veterans and wish him the best.

• Like 9

I hope it helps our community grow.

not a big fan of the steel bender helper though, not sure how much carryover it would have compared to just wrapping up a bar and bending it

3 minutes ago, JoshW said:

I hope it helps our community grow.

not a big fan of the steel bender helper though, not sure how much carryover it would have compared to just wrapping up a bar and bending it

It looked interesting at first, but I think the only purpose that it would serve would be either a warmup or pre warm-up.

• Like 1

Also be interesting to see the quality etc of his steel. Irongrip and fbbc are both very well established in the steel bending world and noone can argue the quality of their products so be interesting to see where he gets his steel from and whether its compare able at all 

I like to see grip grow and people be successful bringing new ideas to the group, but this makes me nervous.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

I like to see grip grow and people be successful bringing new ideas to the group, but this makes me nervous.

The only worry I have, is concern that people may get injured.

I would base this on the fact that while on the board, Cedric seemed unwilling to accept advice from experienced benders.

Could you expound Josh?  What is it that makes you nervous?

I think the 1/4 in. certifications are fine. For begining benders they could act as certification practice. It makes sense to me.

I have been looking for an option like the steel benders helper (and trying to design a few myself) to assist with workload for some time. Volume bending eats through a lot of material. Material is always the limiting factor for me.

If more elaboration is desired, PM me.

All for growth of our hobby, but there is no differentiator in this product.  IG is calibrated.  IM is thin pads/time limit.  FBBC is... FBBC.  Nothing new with this list, but nothing inherently bad as far as I can see.  The market will decide.  

• Like 3

Yo hes got self-defense rope keychains to hit people with? What kinda site is this? Why is he doing steel certs and women self defense weapons? And I'm all into norse mythology but seeing that type of site, the norse god-names, and that its in arizona makes me think something else is goin on with that symbology....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JoshW said:

Listen first minute..someone is going to get hurt

Btw:not hating on this guy

Must have missed what you were talking about, video is choppy when I play here at work. What do you mean? 

With squares always use doubles blah blah blah not gaining anything from singles dont let anyone tell you otherwise was the jist of what he is saying. Just hope beginners dont start with doubles and never touch smaller wraps

Something like that..just tried helping him too and get a disgusting response too.

A number of people have offered advice.  He's not interested in taking it, and that's absolutely his prerogative.

If you're concerned about his influence on others, instead of confrontation, a better tack would be to film your own videos and share them...or simply share links to existing appropriate ones.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

I think the 1/4 in. certifications are fine. For begining benders they could act as certification practice. It makes sense to me.

I have been looking for an option like the steel benders helper (and trying to design a few myself) to assist with workload for some time. Volume bending eats through a lot of material. Material is always the limiting factor for me.

If more elaboration is desired, PM me.

I have a product I came up with that I think bridges the gap. Are you going to SJ4? I will be bringing some to the competition to get feedback. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, anwnate said:

A number of people have offered advice.  He's not interested in taking it, and that's absolutely his prerogative.

If you're concerned about his influence on others, instead of confrontation, a better tack would be to film your own videos and share them...or simply share links to existing appropriate ones.

Me and others have only tried to help him and these are the responses we get. Called me a weasel etc. You are right ofcourse, hopefully people come here and see EJs videos first before taking his narrowminded advice

Edited.

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sapper88 said:

I have a product I came up with that I think bridges the gap. Are you going to SJ4? I will be bringing some to the competition to get feedback. 

Why yes, I plan to be at SJ4 and would be interested in your invention.

• Like 2

Ahh its that pain in the butt.... makes sense now. More power to him and his zombie killer keychains or whatever.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2017 at 3:49 AM, Anton.Torrella said:

Yo hes got self-defense rope keychains to hit people with? What kinda site is this? Why is he doing steel certs and women self defense weapons? And I'm all into norse mythology but seeing that type of site, the norse god-names, and that its in arizona makes me think something else is goin on with that symbology....

Whats wrong in self defense. Almost everyone in America has a gun. If he said that key chain is to hit someone for fun then he is a mental. But if for self defense then its ok. No need to bring this up as this will make the man sound mental and his steel business won't grow. We need more grip exposure here as also he isn't taken any copyrights.

• Like 1

I was willing to give him another chance, but after the messages he sent me the other day calling me a weasel etc and apparantly i got everyone on the gripboard to hate him?

I will not buy from him on principle now, ivan and alexey for example..hard to find nicer people out there. Andrew also has always gone out of his way to help me.

Wont support a business where the owner is just down right nasty.