3. Brian Shaw

4. Martins Licis.

w8Nsm876AhI.jpg

18700254_10154993439742535_3145694414923

Edited by Kashtan
  • Like 6

It's about time he got it.

On 5/28/2017 at 8:39 AM, Kashtan said:

Something looks wrong with the spreadsheet. Notice that the 5th through 8th places do not include the points earned on the Atlas Stones. I am wondering if Martins really came in 4th. 

Second edit: When you add the places, you see he would have had the same number of points as the 5th place finisher, but would have won due to higher placings on other events. Still, the worksheet just didn't quite get finished.  Congratulations Martins!

Edited by Hubgeezer

On 5/28/2017 at 11:32 AM, Kashtan said:

1. Eddie Hall

2. Hafthor Bjornsson

3. Brian Shaw

4. Martins Licis.

w8Nsm876AhI.jpg

18700254_10154993439742535_3145694414923

Wow congrats to Eddie... I didn't know the WSM changed hands!

Brian doesn't look 100% in any of the events but congrats to Eddie well deserved 

2 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

Brian doesn't look 100% in any of the events but congrats to Eddie well deserved 

Brian injury. 

Zydrunas  did not fully heal his back. In addition, he went on an experiment this year and dried himself.
Mark Felix also got injured - in preliminary competitions on the first day.

But Eddie's a great fellow, WSM - not its format, here you need to run fast. His destiny - is pure power.
But he won. I did not believe that he would end up in the top three. But he made it. Clear victory.

He pulled a clean 472kg dead after plane pull i believe which makes it even more impressive

Finally he got it! Congrats to Eddie and congrats all!

3 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Brian injury. 

Zydrunas  did not fully heal his back. In addition, he went on an experiment this year and dried himself.
Mark Felix also got injured - in preliminary competitions on the first day.

But Eddie's a great fellow, WSM - not its format, here you need to run fast. His destiny - is pure power.
But he won. I did not believe that he would end up in the top three. But he made it. Clear victory.

What type of injury does Brian have. Yeah big Z I knew something was off when he didn't do good on over head press he used to be far ahead of everyone on that event .

39 minutes ago, KRC said:

Is that sheet right with 1 point separating 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places?

Maybe yes.

3 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

What type of injury does Brian have. Yeah big Z I knew something was off when he didn't do good on over head press he used to be far ahead of everyone on that event .

He got a bad hamstring tear during the deadlift event

6 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

" I tore my hamstring badly on my last deadlift and strapped it up and gave everything I could on the stones".

From Brian Shaw on FB.

• Like 1

I really hate how we find out the results several months in advance of the contest actually airing. is it still going to be on CBS sports?

Edited by Chez

31 minutes ago, Chez said:

I really hate how we find out the results several months in advance of the contest actually airing. is it still going to be on CBS sports?

Several years ago, the broadcast of WSM was ESPN2 and British 5 Channel. 

In December.

Edited by Kashtan

I saw on zydrunas Facebook page he said no one will want to see Thor at wsm anymore he must have made a seen or something.? Anyone know what he did?

7 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

I saw on zydrunas Facebook page he said no one will want to see Thor at wsm anymore he must have made a seen or something.? Anyone know what he did?

Proof link?

Said it in comment here's pic of comments 

IMG_0874.PNG

Hes publicly accusing eddie hall of cheating pretty much and thinks he has been robbed of his title. for his "questionable double dipping"

Eddie won fair and square, coming first in about 5 events! bad sportsman ship on his part very disappointing.

Edited by JoshW
  • Like 2

Yeah I saw that post on Thor's instagram where he whined about getting screwed on a point.

First of all, terrible sportsmanship.

Instead of focusing on that one rep, he should've asked himself why he didn't do better in the other events to put Eddie away, IMO of course.

Good way to end his wsm career with a 1st place win . Saw where The Beast is retiring now 

15 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

Said it in comment here's pic of comments 

IMG_0874.PNG

wow. I heard about the complaint and saw Thor's post on instagram but I didn't know it was this bad. He must of really crossed the line. Sad because I always liked his personality. I didn't think he would act like that since he often seems like a friendly guy. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1