Northwest Strong-Grip Championships

OregonTod

Here are the weight classes and age groups for my "Strong-Grip Athletics" organization. Obviously for this particular contest i'm not going to get 70 & 80 year olds competing in it, but these are the groupings for every contest I will host. I plan on hosting all kinds of different grip events with the "Northwest Strong-Grip Championships" being my biggest one per year (Basically like my organization's Wrestlemania vs all the other smaller ones). This is just the start up year, I hope to see this contest grow into something huge as time goes on. There will be times I will just host a Rolling Thunder contest by itself, this is where you may see the older folks getting involved. A lot of my contests will just be fun safe strength events that anyone can be involved with. We will have State and Northwest records in each age group and weight class for things like the Rolling Thunder, Hub, Block etc. If you set a State or Northwest record in any of these lifts, you will receive a certificate for doing so. I will have select people in each state (Oregon, Washington and Idaho) who I can trust to oversee and be an official for record attempts, but more information on how records can be set at a different time. Ok after a long winded post here are the weight classes and age groups for the Strong-Grip Athletics organization. Any questions please feel free to ask.
Teens: I will not have a teen division in the Northwest Strong-Grip Championships, I do not want to take on the liability at this show, but for future contests and records these are the classes for Teens;
Teen Open Men up to 155 lbs, 156 & over 
Teen Open Women up to 135 lbs, 136 and over
Open Women - LW up to 140 Lbs, MW- 141-190, HW- 191+
Open Men - LW up to 175 Lbs, MW- 176-225, HW- 226-275, SHW- 276+
Masters Men & Women- No weight classes for the Masters divisions, only age brackets. 40-49, 50-55, 56-60, 61-67, 68-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+

Email me for more information or check out the event Facebook page by searching "Northwest Strong-Grip Championships" for all the latest updated information.

ContestFlier1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to be the Northwest Grip Champion you have to show up at the contest and take the title. You can't win it in the gym (Quote based on the great Odd Haugen)

Entries are coming in for the Northwest Strong-Grip Championships and once all the spots are filled entries will be closed, so don't wait too long. I have lots of classes to keep things fair. State and Northwest Rolling Thunder records can be set in this contest. 
Email me for an entry form. Tod551@gmail.com

Divisions: Men - Women - Masters

Open Women - LW up to 140 Lbs, MW- 141-190, HW- 191+

Open Men - LW up to 175 Lbs, MW- 176-225, HW- 226-275, SHW- 276+

Masters Men & Women - No weight classes for the Masters divisions, only age brackets. 40-49, 50-55, 56-60, 61-67, 68-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+

WSM-09MParmOarm.jpg

• Like 1

Reason # 25 for entering the 2017 Northwest Strong-Grip Championships in Portland Oregon. What other contest will you ever get a chance to lift the "Death Proof" Nova and have some cool pictures taken? Yes the Icy Hot jacket will be in the car also.

Edited by OregonTod