The Gripmas Carol

climber511

31 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

How is that? Not everyone was using the same weight but were same in the papers? @climber511 is that true?

Yes but no.  The way it was supposed to work was this.  The score from the highest light sledge was supposed to be added to all the heavy sledge scores.  But the score keeper missed it.  Fortunately I think only one or two people used the light hammers and it didn't change results any.  The scoring method was devised by Andrew Pantke.

5 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Yes but no.  The way it was supposed to work was this.  The score from the highest light sledge was supposed to be added to all the heavy sledge scores.  But the score keeper missed it.  Fortunately I think only one or two people used the light hammers and it didn't change results any.  The scoring method was devised by Andrew Pantke.

But it is a comon rule in strength 250KG bench for a rep will beat 249KG in a bench for 50 reps

48 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

How is that? Not everyone was using the same weight but were same in the papers? @climber511 is that true?

Bader,

i think this was just a clarical mistake.   There were two lighter setups.   But the heavy setup would trump all reps of the lighter set ups (kind of like the GHP certs)

if there were something even heavier, I am sure many of the guys would have used even bigger hammers....

Yea I caught that after the scoring was posted. But nothing changed as far as placing so I didn't feel the need to bother correcting it. but for the math geeks. image.png.57bc3377ed9e13b83853c1e78a07faad.png

Yea if the lighter hammers where used more than it could have made a difference. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yea if the lighter hammers where used more than it could have made a difference. 

Actually I am saying what if there was a 40lb setup?  I am sure anyone who did more then 10 reps on the 30lb set up might have tried the “even  heavier” set up.

either way, I think the double sledge is a very cool way to train.   I used to think it was just a “Slim” thing, but now I am thinking Slim and Chris Rice are really into something with that double lever training!

9 minutes ago, richcottrell said:

Bader,

i think this was just a clarical mistake.   There were two lighter setups.   But the heavy setup would trump all reps of the lighter set ups (kind of like the GHP certs)

if there were something even heavier, I am sure many of the guys would have used even bigger hammers....

Oh okay now it makes sense. Thanks

I tried several heavier setups in figuring out what weights to have for Gripmas.  I'm sure 40 would have been fine for several guys - I could do it but not for very many reps.

I think this direction (and all the other directions) should be trained more often than it is - wrist strength is sorely lacking in most trainees.  Rotational strength seems almost non existent in many otherwise strong people.

I am starting the old Synergy Forearms program right now as the first phase of my Inch DB project.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 3

On 12/15/2017 at 7:08 PM, Chez said:

but in all seriousness, I saw a good opportunity for a joke. I didn't really do the dirty deed. 

You are the phantom pooper