The Gripmas Carol

climber511

3 hours ago, Leonard_Washington said:

Chris, do you have enough flasks now?  I can bring one if need be.

I should be OK now - thanks!

Everyone please drive safely today!

:) Yes we have heat.  I keep the garage at 62 degrees. This seems to be the best friction temperature - with the cold outside humidity should be fairly low - great conditions.  With all the bodies it gets comfortable quick.

• Like 1

I'm getting ready to leave work early to drive down to Ohio!  Are people going over to Chris's house tonight to hang out for a little while?

Edited by Donc101

13 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

I'm getting ready to leave work early to drive down to Ohio!  Are people going over to Chris's house tonight to hang out for a little while?

You all are certainly welcome to come down this evening to visit and look things over.  If you are dropping things off come up the alley  and unload - it's a lot shorter carry than from the street.

Edited by climber511

Gripmas 2017 is in the books.  Results will be up before long.  I am one tired old man :).  I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!  Tomorrow I get to clean up the gym - whoo hoo!

• Like 8

Just a side note - we had a 90 cup coffee maker full of regular coffee - they drank all but maybe 3 cups.  We made 5 pots of decaf coffee and drank all of that.  Drank 2 cases of water also..  Grip is thirsty work!

• Like 4

I'm going to take credit for draining the coffee pot, I was running into the house all day for refills to feed my addiction

• Like 1

just got home after being crammed into a small rental car for 20+ hrs. So exhausted but it was a terrific competition. Thanks for everything Chris! See you next year

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

Awesome time - Hands down the best experience I've ever had in Ohio - Thanks again Chris for putting together such a great competition and being so welcoming, it was a real pleasure meeting you and your wife and I look forward to seeing you again next year.

P.S. I also drank about six cups of coffee

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chez said:

just got home after being crammed into a small rental car for 20+ hrs. So exhausted but it was a terrific competition. Thanks for everything Chris! See you next year

I didn't know you actually had small cars in the states :laugh

Small cars should have big engines, so you don't have to sit in them for too long :cool

Wish I could have been there...definitely missed it. Also would have drank those last 3 cups of coffee. 

10 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I didn't know you actually had small cars in the states :laugh

Small cars should have big engines, so you don't have to sit in them for too long :cool

Yep, we have them. I picked it because its cheaper and better on gas. It felt so nice to get back into my SUV after. Night and day different. "Big man problems"

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

Yep, we have them. I picked it because its cheaper and better on gas. It felt so nice to get back into my SUV after. Night and day different. "Big man problems"

Ok, you should have rented a Viper, then would've placed 1st in the comp for sure ;)

Congrats on the third place by the way :)

• Thanks 1

Just a quick question for everyone at Gripmas.  What did you think of the Table of stuff and the drawing method of giving it all out?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, climber511 said:

Just a quick question for everyone at Gripmas.  What did you think of the Table of stuff and the drawing method of giving it all out?

Good except you didn't pick 12! ;)

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

I thought it was fun Chris. A nice addition at the end, with some cool prizes.