The Gripmas Carol

climber511

Really looking forward to this comp. I have seen so many videos over the years. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chez said:

Really looking forward to this comp. I have seen so many videos over the years. 

Now when you see the video you can look for yourself in it :)

• Like 3

Add Andrew Durniant to he list of competitors!  Now where's Kody???

• Like 2

I haven't heard from Luke or Kody - Gill told me he can't make it.  So the 93K class looks a little thin this year.  (pun intended)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

No Luke?

Who is in the 93k class? Asking for a friend who might cut weight.

I will be. Hopefully your friend isn't a ringer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

No Luke?

Who is in the 93k class? Asking for a friend who might cut weight.

Lucky for your friend ill be an 83k this year lol

• Like 1

Awesome to hear Andrew's coming. 

Do you want me to build a 200# inch Dumbbell for him. :devil

Add competitor Mike McMillan to the mix! 

• Like 3

Awesome, glad the post office didn't let me down. I'm all set to tear up the campus board, and try not to snap my wrists with the sledge

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Awesome, glad the post office didn't let me down. I'm all set to tear up the campus board, and try not to snap my wrists with the sledge

I figure you'll be the only one to even have a shot at all the Campus events :)

For those of you who have never been to Gripmas - here's some information you might find handy.

Feel free to bring your wife or significant other - no kids under 12 please. 

Weigh in starts at 8AM and runs to 9:30.  Teresa and I serve breakfast starting at 8AM.  Bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, and toast.  There is a restaurant about a 3 minute walk away if you want something else.  Regular and decaf coffee and lots of it.  Please help out as asked as it's standing room only in the kitchen while we're all in there.

Warm ups can start anytime after you weigh in.  The garage is about 10 feet from the house.  Please wear your self out :).

Please use the Port O Let at the rear of the garage - wives can come indoors.

Sign the liability release and draw your number for the order in the ISG event.  Help the score keeper spell your name right on the computer and get you in the right weight class.

9:30 will be the rules meeting - I'll go over everything and answer questions.

Order of events is ISG - 2HP - Medley - Sledge Levering

I don't have designated loaders so please help out loading the 2HP event and spotting the Sledge Event. If everyone does just a little its pretty easy.

Everybody helps out with the Medley and it's scoring - no big deal.

When done we will eat Pizza and have the awards.

After that it's free time - please plan on staying - visiting - and trying all the feats of strength that are always going on.  This is a great time to learn how to do Grippers  - how to do better on the Euro - and talk to everyone about life and strength training in general.  I'm sure Nick will be bending steel and horseshoes and can teach you that as well.  You can learn more at one contest than years working out by yourself.

No beer during the contest but after is fine - bring your own beer as I only drink cheap Busch Lite.  Teresa furnishes coffee all day and there is a cooler full of water - if you want energy drinks or pop etc, feel free to bring your own - but bring as much stuff as you can in a bottle please - cans get kicked over and I'm the guy who has to scrub it out of the textured rubber flooring the next day.

If you are staying in a local hotel - please stop down the evening before and hang out rather than spend the evening alone watching the TV.

Any questions just ask.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Tank Andrade said:

Lucky for your friend ill be an 83k this year lol

How many limbs will you be arriving in Ohio with?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, climber511 said:

I figure you'll be the only one to even have a shot at all the Campus events :)

We'll have to see about that. ;)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

We'll have to see about that. ;)

All right - a challenge!

1 minute ago, KapMan said:

Cant wait to see the videos! Since Ive been here ive enjoyed the stories and content from this contest.

You should see it in person :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, climber511 said:

You should see it in person :)

It was a goal for sure. I love medleys and sledges so this would of been heaven. 

Add Adam Silva to the competitors list!

• Like 1

On 11/16/2017 at 5:16 PM, climber511 said:

I haven't heard from Luke or Kody - Gill told me he can't make it.  So the 93K class looks a little thin this year.  (pun intended)

Luke will be busy with his new house.

Yeah unfortunately our closing date on our house got moved from Dec 9 to Nov 29th so I will not be able to attend unless there is some miracle that we get settled in by then but there is slim to no chance. Really sucks because I always look forward to it and I feel really strong on 2HP. 

30 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Yeah unfortunately our closing date on our house got moved from Dec 9 to Nov 29th so I will not be able to attend unless there is some miracle that we get settled in by then but there is slim to no chance. Really sucks because I always look forward to it and I feel really strong on 2HP. 

You will be missed - good luck with the house and if things work out - you will certainly be welcome at the last minute.

It's not for sure yet but those of you who have been around here for a decade or so my recognize this name.  Eli Keiner may be coming to compete - I haven't seen him for a while but back then he was as strong as a bear (and almost as big).  Sure hope he makes it.

Oh I still need one more Flask for the Medley - if you have one please bring it with you.