Peter Walentin

Red Nail average rating??

Peter Walentin

Red Nails average rating? (Batches from 2016/2017)... around 150kg/330lbs or around 200kg/440lbs?? 
Does anyone know? I get mixed info when searching the interweb??

Anthony C.

440-470

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 2

anwnate
2 hours ago, Peter Walentin said:

Red Nails average rating? (Batches from 2016/2017)... around 150kg/330lbs or around 200kg/440lbs?? 
Does anyone know? I get mixed info when searching the interweb??

The spirals are significantly lower than the new (1080?) batch...but I think Anthony has the right of it.

@acromegaman did you ever rate the new ones?

• Like 1

giyver

Red 7`- 140-150kg

Gold 7` - 240-265kg

Edited by giyver
  • Like 3

anwnate
1 hour ago, giyver said:

Red 7`- 140-150kg

Gold 7` - 240-265kg

It's important to realize that the Irongrip Kg Nail ratings are NOT a lb to kg conversion.  They are based on a different rating system.  As a quick rule of thumb...you can triple an Irongrip rating to get a Krahling rating.

• Like 4

giyver
34 minutes ago, anwnate said:

It's important to realize that the Irongrip Kg Nail ratings are NOT a lb to kg conversion.  They are based on a different rating system.  As a quick rule of thumb...you can triple an Irongrip rating to get a Krahling rating.

Red Nail - 405-445lb - Mike Krahling rating

• Like 1

Peter Walentin

Thanks for the answers guys 😊👍

Beast_Incarnate

I've never tried the nails, nor have I ever seen the officials in person.
I could go on to say I'm a CoC 2.4R/1.8L, what's the carry-over to the Red Nail? But it's a totally different ball-game I imagine, you're using completely different muscles.

• You'd need very strong wrists for sure...well let's face it - there's not other option if you're going to last as a grip athlete! 
  • And guys who bend I bet have a massive "dorsal interosseous" muscle, specially the one to the right of your thumb that pops up when you lay your hand down on a flat surface.

59750f397c310650834843068e295bfd.jpg

Edited by Beast_Incarnate

Peter Walentin

For me personally I haven't noticed any carry-over from grippers to bending and vice versa... 

I closed my COC#3 in january this year after training grippers on/off through 2016 - from november '16 to january '17 I trained pretty hard on the grippers an eventually I reached my goal... I did some bending while training grippers but I started seeing real bending progress when I ditched serious gripper training and focused on bending steel. 

I killed my first IM red nail about a month ago and are virtually progressing from workout to workout right now....

For me it's simply too much trying to train serious on grippers and bending steel at the same time - and as mentioned above the carry-over just isn't there...

wobbler

I'm decent at bending but not great with grippers, no real crossover.

acromegaman
8 hours ago, anwnate said:

The spirals are significantly lower than the new (1080?) batch...but I think Anthony has the right of it.

@acromegaman did you ever rate the new ones?

No sir I have not. I need to play with calibrator a little more and get my hands on some of those reds.

JoshW

bent big bastards and could barely do a 2.5 at the time. No carryover for me

• Like 1