Your Dynamometer Pull

Beast_Incarnate

6 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

@Beast_Incarnate, that's great man, keep up the good work and you'll mash that #3 one day.

I'm curious to know what kind of apparatus they're testing the pinch strength with?

I pulled the trigger and ordered the SilaRukov dynamometer, I'm still waiting for it. Will report back when I have tested it.

Thank you very much Fist of Fury, I appreciate that.

Found the EXACT model here, and for the low of 200$ it can be yours today!

http://www.rehabmart.com/product/mechanical-pinch-gauges-21958.html

I appreciate the support, we must aim high because there's nothing worse than setting our sights too low. Ever think what it would be like to tell your grandchild that you set your goals too low and live in regret...I'll pass! :)

I'm closing the 4, even if I become part "Robo-cop" and still on dialysis...I'm an inch away, but this is the hardest part, and where the REAL FUN begins :):):) 

Fist of Fury, 

I'm excited for you to get your dynamometre, did you get a quote on the shipping time? That's the one you previously sent me a link for, real nice dyno too, good thing it has a much higher rating capacity. And I really like it's unique grip.

I found this dynamometer as well just window shopping now, getting the price for your pinch gauge.

http://www.rehabmart.com/product/baseline-smedley-spring-dynamometer-21939.html

It has an old school appeal to it, steel finish, and has that solid industrial rugged look...I like that sh/t.

Edited by Beast_Incarnate

Just got the SilaRukov dynamometer and gave it a few attempts without warmup, result was:

Right: 94.5, 95,7, 91.8.
Left: 81.5, 76.0, 85.4.

These were done in the same fashion as I train with grippers, standing up and with the elbow tucked in towards my torso. Left hand was dead today.

The width of the dynamo on the widest point is about 45 mm, so it's about equal to a closed gripper. I think it's a really nice dynamo, I'm very happy with it.

I think if someone can close a GHP10 choked to parallel he would have a good chance on maxing out on this dynamo.

That's amazing! Very impressive, you're getting really close to hitting 100! Imagine the reality of it becoming true!

I like your style, pinning the elbow inside and really isolating your hands/wrists only :)

Post some pics if you can, would really like to see the official!

So your estimation approximate of a GHP10 parallel close would equate to the (310 lbs??) max reading on your dyno? This has me thinking to what most likely is possible..

Shoutout goes to "freeondie" for the videos posted in this post, GHP10 choked close, he has shown that it's possible!

Here are my dyno readings from tonight:

LH: 63, 64.1, 64.4 
RH: 77.7, 80, 74.5

1 hour ago, Beast_Incarnate said:

That's amazing! Very impressive, you're getting really close to hitting 100! Imagine the reality of it becoming true!

I like your style, pinning the elbow inside and really isolating your hands/wrists only :)

Post some pics if you can, would really like to see the official!

So your estimation approximate of a GHP10 parallel close would equate to the (310 lbs??) max reading on your dyno? This has me thinking to what most likely is possible..

Shoutout goes to "freeondie" for the videos posted in this post, GHP10 choked close, he has shown that it's possible!

Here are my dyno readings from tonight:

LH: 63, 64.1, 64.4 
RH: 77.7, 80, 74.5

I actually hit 101.4 kg yesterday. Funny thing since that was my exact bodyweight yesterday :D

I did film it but the video unfortunately turned out very noisy in the background so I'm not going to upload it. Might upload it without sound if thats possible.

I don't train grippers now, but when I start again I will train a lot with chokers to see how far I can go with that setup.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 3:00 AM, Fist of Fury said:

I actually hit 101.4 kg yesterday. Funny thing since that was my exact bodyweight yesterday :D

I did film it but the video unfortunately turned out very noisy in the background so I'm not going to upload it. Might upload it without sound if thats possible.

I don't train grippers now, but when I start again I will train a lot with chokers to see how far I can go with that setup.

Wow that's very cool to match your body weight to your 1 hand grip strength, I believe you're entering unknown territory known to man...

I weigh 87 kgs, my RH is 83, and LH 66. Soon I can say what you can my friend, but nonetheless that's a great accomplishment!

You should post the video!

Wow that's very cool to match your body weight to your 1 hand grip strength, I believe you're entering unknown territory known to man...

I weigh 87 kgs, my RH is 83, and LH 66. Soon I can say what you can my friend, but nonetheless that's a great accomplishment!

You should post the video!

Maybe not so hard with a dynamo but it's fairly good. However if you can close a gripper rated at your BW then you're in a very exclusive club, not many people have done that.

There's a video in my training log of it. Although I did manage 104.7 kg the day after, when I tried between sets of squats. That exercise always gets your CNS going and it gives your hands the little extra they need to set a PR.

Yeah the dynamometer is easier to hit bodyweight on since it doesn't use leverage, which gives your index and middle fingers a fighting chance. But, even so, Bodyweight on a dynamometer is pretty impressive for 70KG+. I've measured people at 56KG when they weigh 85KG (no muscle wastage or anything), and the highest out of anyone I've got to try it who didn't do any grip training was my Dad, who got 78KG @ 84KG bw. Unsurprisingly he used to be an apprentice mechanic, and does a lot of manual work at home. 

Given that, 75KG+ puts you well ahead of probably 95+% of all men.

7 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Maybe not so hard with a dynamo but it's fairly good. However if you can close a gripper rated at your BW then you're in a very exclusive club, not many people have done that.

There's a video in my training log of it. Although I did manage 104.7 kg the day after, when I tried between sets of squats. That exercise always gets your CNS going and it gives your hands the little extra they need to set a PR.

Have you certified yet on the CoC 3?

4 hours ago, BenMorrissey said:

Yeah the dynamometer is easier to hit bodyweight on since it doesn't use leverage, which gives your index and middle fingers a fighting chance. But, even so, Bodyweight on a dynamometer is pretty impressive for 70KG+. I've measured people at 56KG when they weigh 85KG (no muscle wastage or anything), and the highest out of anyone I've got to try it who didn't do any grip training was my Dad, who got 78KG @ 84KG bw. Unsurprisingly he used to be an apprentice mechanic, and does a lot of manual work at home. 

Given that, 75KG+ puts you well ahead of probably 95+% of all men.

Your Dad was a very strong man, when you say 75kg+ puts you in the 5% of men, are you talking overall bodyweight/mass or grip strength?

9 minutes ago, Beast_Incarnate said:

Have you certified yet on the CoC 3?

Nope, nor is it my goal since I think the credit card set rule is silly. But if the times comes when I'm strong enough I might try it anyway.

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nope, nor is it my goal since I think the credit card set rule is silly. But if the times comes when I'm strong enough I might try it anyway.

I'd say you could already, I've read that some CoC closers have been in the low 80's (kgs).

As for me, that could hold true as well, about a half itch away from a proper close for my right hand which has maxed out at 83 kgs.

Gripper hasn't been calibrated though, so I have no idea whether it would an easy or hard? It's not too much worse than my CoC 2.5...but I carry that thing everywhere I go.

"Wallet, watch, and gripper...good to go!"

Edited by Beast_Incarnate

I'd say you could already, I've read that some CoC closers have been in the low 80's (kgs).

As for me, that could hold true as well, about a half itch away from a proper close for my right hand which has maxed out at 83 kgs.

Gripper hasn't been calibrated though, so I have no idea whether it would an easy or hard? It's not too much worse than my CoC 2.5...but I carry that thing everywhere I go.

"Wallet, watch, and gripper...good to go!"

Nope, nowhere near closing any #3 with credit card set. I've closed a 142 lbs rated #3 from 38 mm, a credit card is 54 mm and that makes a huge difference, then 142 lbs is a very light #3. They can go as high as 159 lbs if you're unlucky. That is night and day. It's like comparing a 180 kg bench press to a 210 kg bench press.

Certing with credit card set is much harder than most people understand. That's why there's not a ton of people doing it.

9 hours ago, Beast_Incarnate said:

Your Dad was a very strong man, when you say 75kg+ puts you in the 5% of men, are you talking overall bodyweight/mass or grip strength?

I mean Grip strength, or more specifically that type of grip strength. Unfortunately I didn't inherit his hands; 9 inches long and 8 inch wrists. My hands are just over 8 inches long, with 7 inch wrists. Not that I'm complaining, just wish I'd got those genetics!

• 1 year later...
On 13/05/2017 at 06:22, wobbler said:

J'ai un fichier texte enterré quelque part depuis ma première prise en main qui contient des numéros de dyno et quelques informations de préhension, mais actuellement, lorsque je frappe 170 sur une ligne de base, je peux fermer un 130 rgc 2.5 étouffé au parallèle. 160 sur le dyno, un rb210 de 124 rgc (également parallèle coké) avec un peu gauche dans le réservoir. 

Je pense que je me trouvais à 127 secondes à droite au moment où j’ai reçu un système hydraulique Jamar (tout comme une ligne de base) et que j’ai maintenant 160-170 à droite, 150 à 160 à gauche. Toujours des pressions lentes / strictes.

Ps gardez un oeil sur eBay, ils vont parfois très bon marché. J'ai quelques-uns dont je dois me débarrasser parce que je ne pouvais pas les laisser passer.

si vous decider de vendre un jamar ou baseline , je suis preneur d,ici une semaine pour l'achat ,     si bien calibré ..... merci steeve 

en fait je me c,est marque debutant sur mon profil, un homme qui fai ferme le coc 2.5 , qui crush le 2 et le ghp5 ... je suis pas debutant la dedans .. je venere touis ceux ici peux importe leur statut de force ......ce n,est pas un concours mais je suis preneur pour un dino a vendre 

There’s a competition in NJ tomorrow and the second event is the Digital baseline hand dyno is the 2nd event so we will get some numbers 

Last time I tried back in June or July, I used my Camry dynamometer and got around 78 kg on each hand. I'm probably in the 80s by now, but I'm refraining from using my dynamometer again until I am able to close a CoC No. 3.

• 1 month later...
On 12/05/2017 at 15:07, Beast_Incarnate said:

12 mai 2017

LH 62,8 kg (138,2 lb) (+0,9 kg par rapport à hier)
RH 75,4 kg (166 lb) (+2,9 kg par rapport à hier)

* À la craie *

LH 63,9 kg (140,4 lb)
HR 77,4 kg (170,3 lb)

Mes mains commençaient à transpirer un peu, j'ai pensé qu'il serait intéressant de mesurer la différence que cela pourrait faire pour moi:

LH 63,9-62,8 = +1,1 kg
HR 77,4-75,4 = + 2,0 kg

Je vous dis aux gars que je veux vraiment, vraiment frapper 80 kg si mal! Le lundi 15 mai, j'ai une évaluation pour ma main gauche qui est envisagée pour une invalidité de longue durée. Ils évalueront mon index qui a subi 2 chirurgies du tendon fléchisseur, mais malgré tous les efforts… tout est parti.

Mon thérapeute testera la sensation globale, la ROM pour chaque articulation de l'index (un échec lamentable à venir), et le 3ème test est la FORCE GRIP!

Je sais que gagner 5 kg de force d'adhérence en 3 jours n'est même pas une garantie avec beaucoup de négatifs, mais cela ne me laisse également pas le temps de récupérer avant lundi après-midi.

Mes mains sont en train de guérir de ça! Explique l'augmentation de près de 3 kg dans ma main dominante, mais il ne s'agit que de chiffres de récupération. 

Je termine à 64/75 kg, pour les anciens combattants, des conseils sur la façon dont je peux augmenter tout en prenant en compte le rétablissement avant l'évaluation de lundi?

augmenter de 5kg de force en 3 jours avec une blessure est très risqué voire utopique sans repos .... je le sais car  je suis habitué au sur entrainement et le risque  n'est pas bénéfique ..... consomme de l'ananas qui répare les ligaments et tendons , la regeneration est importante plus que le muscle car la sollicitation  de ceux-ci   récupère moins rapidement que le domaine musculaire