Double wraps

Sapper88

Two questions

1. How many of you guys like or benefit from double wraps? 

They help me with power transmission during the bend. But I know some guys get no help from it.

2. Do you think bending bigger and bigger steel in doubles will help build strength and benefit me when I step down for the red nail or is it nothing but a disservice to my goal? As of now I can easily bend a red in double I.m.p.'s but barely kink it in singles. 

Thanks in advance. 

I would recommend buying some drill rod, cutting it to 7", and continue training it in a pair of imps til you're getting the red nail and just use imps and 7" steel for all your bends - and make sure your form and hand placement is correct - I did a real lot of M and 19/64 drill rod before I was taking down the new red nail reliably - or at least thats what worked for me - and my hand placement was terrible so again really check your technique and don't over-train - good luck and train well! This site is great for drill rod: https://store.diesupplies.com/o1-drill-rod-oil-hardening-tool-steel-oilcrat-pm-p113.aspx?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=T&Product_Code=PM-O1DRL3&Category_Code=PMDR

• Like 3

On April 28, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Anton.Torrella said:

I would recommend buying some drill rod, cutting it to 7", and continue training it in a pair of imps til you're getting the red nail and just use imps and 7" steel for all your bends - and make sure your form and hand placement is correct - I did a real lot of M and 19/64 drill rod before I was taking down the new red nail reliably - or at least thats what worked for me - and my hand placement was terrible so again really check your technique and don't over-train - good luck and train well! This site is great for drill rod: https://store.diesupplies.com/o1-drill-rod-oil-hardening-tool-steel-oilcrat-pm-p113.aspx?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=T&Product_Code=PM-O1DRL3&Category_Code=PMDR

This would have been my response. DR is your key in single IM pads. That link is also the best. They sell Precision Marshall which is very good.

• Like 1