Best FBBC cert wrap

aaronb41

Is there a consensus on the best wrap combo to use for FBBC certs? Doubel leather? Double suede? Any wrap combos that should be avoided?

Aaron

• Like 1

I've watched at least 100 vids by now and it's down to personal preference. But if I had to say 1 combo stands out is battlefield wraps in the center and Suede on the outside.

I would avoid a wash cloth unless you're trying to match Don Larkins old bending standards. :) 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Someone pointed out to me the other day that "old socks" is on the list of wraps.:rock

• Like 2

I was just wondering today if double or combined wraps were able to be used for FBBC certs. I don't see it as prohibited in the rules but I wasn't sure if it was an unwritten rule that it is not allowed. 

So from this post is it safe to say that it is allowed? 

On 4/21/2017 at 9:33 PM, aaronb41 said:

Is there a consensus on the best wrap combo to use for FBBC certs? Doubel leather? Double suede? Any wrap combos that should be avoided?

Aaron

On 4/21/2017 at 10:45 PM, Andrew P said:

I've watched at least 100 vids by now and it's down to personal preference. But if I had to say 1 combo stands out is battlefield wraps in the center and Suede on the outside.

I would avoid a wash cloth unless you're trying to match Don Larkins old bending standards. :) 

20 hours ago, Sapper88 said:

I was just wondering today if double or combined wraps were able to be used for FBBC certs. I don't see it as prohibited in the rules but I wasn't sure if it was an unwritten rule that it is not allowed. 

So from this post is it safe to say that it is allowed? 

Yes I allow up to double wraps with a single rubber band on each. 

A little background on why it is that way. In the other steel bending groups there are requirements for single wraps, wraps toughing, single leather, single condura, with and without rubber bands. FBBC takes the stance use the materials "Within reason" to get the most advantage on a bar that you personally can. I got a few guys that even use cut down single Ironmind pads because they say they can feel the steel better. And with the variety of bars we have I can always find guys a bigger bar if needed. :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yes I allow up to double wraps with a single rubber band on each. 

A little background on why it is that way. In the other steel bending groups there are requirements for single wraps, wraps toughing, single leather, single condura, with and without rubber bands. FBBC takes the stance use the materials "Within reason" to get the most advantage on a bar that you personally can. I got a few guys that even use cut down single Ironmind pads because they say they can feel the steel better. And with the variety of bars we have I can always find guys a bigger bar if needed. :) 

Thanks for the clarification and background. I know from bending with other guys that it doesn't necessarily help everyone. It does help me and because I am just realizing that it is authorized I am seeing how far I can go with it. Prepare for an onslaught of videos!