MY TRILOGY OF GRIPPERS

Paul Markowski

For the past 30 days or so, I have exclusively only been training with 3 grippers: Silvis Frankenstein, Silvis Megalodon and the Little Monster.  I intend to continue to train strictly on these 3 grippers until at least June 1, 2017.  Over the past week, I have noticed a legitimate strength gain....especially on the Little Monster.  I use an extended handle on all 3 grippers for use in my power rack so that I can get a full close on both the Frankenstein and Megalodon grippers and a very close to a full shut position on the Little Monster.  Once I get the gripper leveraged to where I need it to be, I then lay off a bit and do not use as much of my body weight in order to keep it shut and instead, use mostly hand gripping power to hold the gripper shut (or nearly shut) for at least a 10 second count.

Notice in the picture below, the advantages I have as I can mix and match different handles on the first two grippers shown (Frankenstein and Megalodon).  Recently, I used the Silvis Beyond the Range "Gripper of Doom" handle (1" diameter...thick handle) for a few sets on both the Frankenstein and Megalodon grippers.  What a huge difference that extra range makes when one is trying to shut a gripper.  The first picture is the Frankenstein with a long handle and the "Gripper of Doom" handle.  The second picture shows the 3 grippers dismantled prior to a workout.

58f81d9d411fe_FrankensteinwithBTRHandleGripperofDoom.thumb.JPG.664ca6bf1fe1f0953d3fc239460349f0.JPG58f81d9f3771b_Myworkoutgrippers2017.thumb.JPG.fca0ad5ef94b046288c8f90dd9106805.JPG   

Edited by Paul Markowski