Grip programming

Sapper88

Looking for a consensus on programming my training. Do you guys train all types grip strength in one routine or do you split it up by different types of grip? For example, one day Crush grip, one day pinch and one day supporting. Or do you do all of them in one session in order to give yourself recovery time in between lifts?

• Like 1

I think the only consensus thing would be to find what works for you same as main "body" training. Everyone has something that's more successful with them but sucks for others. 

Starting out though I'd recommend David Horne's program as a good method to laying down your foundation. 

• Like 1

I split by the different types of grip. always worked best for me. Currently I combine some types because of my schedule. I combine the ones that work best together for my goals 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

I usually have rotated my intensity and training each workout involving at least two of the three points of grip strength. Reps usually fairly low always , intensity varies. Pinch , holding, and crushing are the three main areas to address. Rest , massage , plenty of water will carry you back to fight another day. Every 5 weeks I take the week off. 4 on one off, 4 on to a peak effort. 

• Like 4