Bending issues

NealB

Hello, 

I noticed in the past few weeks when I'm bending on that only my right middle finger gets jacked up and ripped open bad. When looking at the nail(s) they are all bent symmetrically. Does anyone else have this issue with only one hand opening up? I'm really just trying to figure out why only one side. I am bending red nails with ease but once this opens up it slows me down and makes me a little confused as to why only one side. 

IMG_1477.JPG

If your grip and arms look similar in video bends, I can only surmise that the one finger was injured and never recovered.  You could be constantly retearing an unfully healed wound.  Not a lot of info to come up with a conclusion from.  I've only experienced single finger tears because of what I just mentioned.

Regardless...start bending with electrician's tape on your middle knuckles.  You don't have to wrap a ton...but enough so it doesn't constantly come off.

The electrician tape will keep your skin on...allowing you to bend as much volume as you can handle...yet allows real steel discomfort to come through.

You can literally use it constantly with the exception of certs.

• Like 2

Thank you very much, I'll add in the tape,That's a great idea. Thanks again much appreciated. 

• Like 1

I absolutely agree with that advice - last year I had the same spot continuously open up but on my index finger - using just a small piece of electrical tape stopped it from being reinjured and let it fully heal while I continued bending - good luck with your training!

• Like 2

Thank you 

• Like 1

I've had similar issues. Only one side blisters and the other just calloused.  I do not recall any past injuries or issues on either finger. Maybe from one hand gripping other tighter or looser than the other.

Mine never healed in my bending prime. Ductape and bloody IM wraps :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The tape has helped a lot. It's allowing me to continue training. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
14 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

How come your middle finger is the only one being torn ? I have had many tears but only on my index finger at the fulcrum point. Do you engage your middle finger into the bends ? 

At times when my index fingers were trying to heal, I tried using my middle fingers but the pain was too much.

Just curious.

I saw somewhere recently in another post where someone complained of their index finger  getting jacked up but I’ve only experienced middle finger injuries.  I’m guessing it’s just what feels most natural.  The op’s finger looks like a deep blister pealed away if I’m seeing it right.  Mine were just deep splits but they wouldn’t bleed.  I’m guessing it’s because I don’t have any real meat on my fingers and possibly manual labor.  Mine weren’t painful which was kind of strange.  The only discomfort I ever experienced was in my palms trying barehanding stuff.  I would usually use a little athletic tape on mine and sometimes superglue.    Mine ended up thickening up enough after a few months that I never had issues again.