Recognizing Chris Rice

Jedd Johnson

Chris Rice recently decided to step down from the NAGS Committee, and I'd like to take a moment and recognize him.

For YEARS, Chris helped us out in our efforts to work on rules, promote the sport, and get more people involved.

On top of that, Chris and I have emailed back and forth about things, and spent hours on the phone talking about other things.

Thank YOU , my friend, for everything you have done over the years.

Jedd

• Like 18

1mt3fz (1).jpg

:bow:bow:bow

• Like 6

Very new to the sport but watching videos of Mr. Rice pinch lifting was truly inspirational and obviously world class!! He really proved age is just a number. BAAAD Man

Thanks Chris for all that you have done!

Thank you Chris, you have been instrumental on getting us to where we are now organization wise.

Thanks for everything you have done for grip Chris!

Stepping down from the NAGS board was a hard decision to make.  I still love the sport but with my desire to return to more serious rock climbing and mountaineering while I’m still young enough to do them – a few health issues to deal with – and family time obligations I was unable to give the Board the time and commitment I felt was needed to advance the sport.  We have a new board with new members and renewed interest in “growing grip” and making it into an actual Sport with an organization behind it – becoming worthy of the respect we all feel it should have. 

I will still be holding the Gripmas Carol contest in 2017 and 2018 at least.  One of the goals I have set myself is to make a Euro pinch lift that sits in the Top 50 in the World when I am 70 years old.  Time will tell if that is possible. I’m pleased to have done the things I was able to do considering my “senior citizen status” when I started all this. Hopefully my example will encourage other “less than young” men and women to give it a try.

I want to thank everyone for your support over all these years, the friendships I have made over the years, and all the knowledge people have so graciously shared with me over the years that helped me reach my goals.

I’m not giving up on the sport at all – but handing the management reins over to younger and more eager hands.

Thanks for everything,

climber511

AKA Chris Rice

Gripping since 2003 until ………………….

• Like 14

In my few short years here I only have a small inkling of the contribution, sacrifice, and dedication other have put forth. 

Thank you, Mr. Rice.

thanks for everything  Chris you have been a huge help and inspiration to me.