The Challenge

Rick Walker

I got a call from one of my close buds a few nights ago. It seems he wants a change of scenery, and after his next BB show (September 23rd) he is going to start training for a March 2004 powerlifting meet.

He wants me to compete as well and he wants to go head to head with me.

The fed. will be the USAPL-not sure of what meet yet though. I like the USAPLs rules on depth and gear.

I will be doing a "test the waters" meet in November, most likely in NJ and at 198. See if I can get ELITE in single ply gear.

In March, I will be in the 220 class-that will be his class, he is a few inches taller than me.

We will trian together on Mondays and Fridays.

This is going to be fun.

If I total ELITE in both classes, I will RETIRE for good in powerlifting. From there-who knows.

Rick Walker :rock

What are the elite poundages in your weight class? I assume it's some insane amount?

Just off the top of my head I believe the 198's is 1731 and the 220's is 1824.

L.J.

Edited by HandsofStone

Good Luck Rick :rock I used to have a buddy I competed with. Looking back it was one of the best times of my life.