Oregon Strongest Hands 2017

Kluv#0

inaugural grip event on July 1st 2017 in Gresham,Or

1. Grippers- block set(20MM)

2. Ironmind blockbuster pinch

3. 2" Trilobite rolling handle (Mammoth grip tools)

4. Stub-lift (griptopz)

5. Pickaxe lever to rear lift- 30" requirement

weight class- Mens  175 and under, 176-200, 201-225, 226 and over

Women 160 and under, 161 and over

Strongman scoring system

Overall event 1st , 2nd and 3rd place. Ist place for each weight class/ division. Additionally, each event winner will be recognized with prize.

The Great David Horne is allowing me afterwards to go for WR in the 2 hands shallow hub key pinch

Masters division women 50 and older, Men 54 and older

This event is NAGS sanctioned

Day of weigh-in 11A.M.(PST)- 11:45A.M.  after weigh-in  I will go over general rules and rules of each event. Noon Start

Exact Location in Gresham will be provided as contest nears and I will provide further details if necessary.

Deadline to enter is Friday 6 P.M.(PST) June 30th.

https://www.facebook.com/events/553905741399778/?acontext={"ref"%3A"94"%2C"action_history"%3A"null"}

Edited by Kluv#0
update information
  • Like 7

Pretty cool dude. Awesome that you are running a comp. 

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

Pretty cool dude. Awesome that you are running a comp. 

Thanks big man. There comes a time where you have to compete instead of endless garage lifts and I certainly have the time and resources. I like the idea of sprinkling in some of the great David Horne's lifts as Iam a big fan of his style/competitions!! Have a super Sunday!!

Awesome! I'm so there.

Any thoughts on the weight classes?

• Like 2

Looks fun! Nice to see so many divisions being offered and I like how the Strongman scoring system is being used which is what I will be using in my upcoming contest also.

• Like 1

Could you please explain the details of the strongman scoring system you plan on using?

10 minutes ago, Jared Goguen said:

Could you please explain the details of the strongman scoring system you plan on using?

Sure, Example- 10 grip athletes enter - athlete that wins first event gets 10 points, 2nd place in that event gets 9 points, etc.  That scoring process is repeated each event. At the end of the contest the athlete who has the most points is overall winner. Additionally, each weight class and division will be recognized winner using above scoring.

Not sure how many people you expect, but if you expect over 10 another idea is reverse strongman scoring. They use it for the multi venue contest like King Kong and World's strongest hands because like get well over 10 people (sometimes near 100 or so). Under that scoring, first place gets 1 point, second gets 2 points etc and the person with the lowest score wins (like golf). This way you can assign whole points to every place with more than 10 competitors. I had almost 20 at one of my comps.

Just throwing it out there to be helpful. :)  

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

Yes typically in Strongman scoring you get a point for how you placed. 20 competitors let's say you would give first place in that event 1 point, second place gets 2 points on down the line. If say third and fourth place tied, you would take 7 points (combination of both 3rd & 4th place points) and split it between the two, so they would both get 3.5 points then 5th place would get 5 points etc. lowest points at the end of the contest wins. 

Edited by OregonTod
  • Like 1

Thanks men for the knowledge

• Like 2

Thank you for putting on what is going to be a great contest :)

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, OregonTod said:

Thank you for putting on what is going to be a great contest :)

High quality athletes, on a wide range of implements, there is no doubt that this event will be held in a fun yet competitive spirit.  Thanks Tod for your support!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife designed this - 2017  t-shirt.  Event was NAGS sanctioned on Friday- Thanks to Jedd Johnson for guiding me through the process.

Edited by Kluv#0

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 1

Very nice and classy looking. Looking forward to being a part of this great event.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OregonTod said:

Very nice and classy looking. Looking forward to being a part of this great event.

Thanks Tod, it will be a great event and Iam very confident NOBODY in the United States could win more than 3 out of the 5 events - which is a sign of a challenging event!! If anyone disagrees you better work on your stub lift and rear pickaxe as Iam not going anywhere, LOL I will have to prove my theory( I just found out) against one of the greatest gripsters/strongmen in the world Jon-Clark Eklund has entered- Holy smokes he is strong as in dominating strong

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

Well it's going to be one hell of a show to watch you two battle it out. The excitement keeps growing with this contest.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Kluv#0 posted on Facebook that this contest was now cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...

My grip event is back on( Date is Saturday July 1st)after my family medical situation has moderated and locating new venue. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/events/553905741399778/?acontext={"ref"%3A"94"%2C"action_history"%3A"null"}

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

My grip event is back on( Date is Saturday July 1st)after my family medical situation has moderated and locating new venue. Thanks.

I'm Glad everything is ok bud. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

I'm Glad everything is ok bud. 

Thank you big man. Day by day small improvements are adding up to a more hopeful outcome.

• 4 weeks later...

4 openings remain for the OSH '17 held on July 1st. I have had 7-8 individuals IM me on facebook and asking me to eliminate the stublift and they would enter- Iam sorry but I cannot do that -nothing personal. Next year I will change out the stublift for another griptopz implement.  Several gripsters have indicated the meet date conflicted July 4th travel plans- Next year I will hold the contest 2 weeks prior to July 4th- Thanks for your understanding