CFlaherty

Question for Anyone w/ Experience w/ the Adjustables

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I just got a T-Rex, and had it pre-rated and scored to 140. After reading some other posts, I am wondering how people are measuring the setting positions. If someone refers to a 22mm setting position, is this talking about the distance b/w the top of the handle and the bottom of the coil spring? Also, does anyone have a rough idea of a weight rating to mm setting ratio?

@bencrush and @Jared Goguen have used stacks of coins (which can be easily measured) to determine the spring depth. Other than a set block I'm not sure of a better way to measure. 

2 people like this

Mighty Joe had a video where he used allen keys which he laid on top of the handles. The allen keys have known precise widths. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

@bencrush and @Jared Goguen have used stacks of coins (which can be easily measured) to determine the spring depth. Other than a set block I'm not sure of a better way to measure. 

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Mighty Joe had a video where he used allen keys which he laid on top of the handles. The allen keys have known precise widths. 

I would say that anything that is exact should work. Allen Keys, coins, feelers...etc.