CFlaherty Close Log

CFlaherty

Decided to just start a log of successful and close to successful attempts.

GHP 6 felt easy today 

#3 attempt, set is feeling a lot stronger

Got a Silvis T-rex and had it rated and scored at the 140 mark. Felt really good on this close

• Like 1

Great that you started a log. Look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck achieving your goals. 

Last workout I tore a good size chunk of skin off in the direct middle of my palm. First time with a CHP, the knurling was sharp as hell. Healed pretty quickly so I gave it a shot on Thursday for another workout. Immediately started to tear again. Tried duct tape but it was messing with my set big time. Decided to do an entire Vulcan workout since it is so smooth. Still getting used to setting the thing, so I expect to move up levels quickly once I get used to it. Did some Hub and Rolling Thunder work as well since the workout felt lighter than usual.

Alternating hands

Vulcan Level 6 1x10, 1x8

Level 9  1x5, 1x4, 2x3

ImTug Index/Middle #5 3x12

ImTug Ring/Pinkie #4 3x12

Hub 25# 1x3

15# 3x8

RT 125# 3x1

100# 3x8

Chest Workout

Dynamic Pinch ImTug #2 3x20 (can do the #2 20 times but can't close the #3 more than twice lol)

Still dealing with the blister healing. I could feel the knurling tearing more skin off even with my warmups w/ a T and .5. So, another exclusively Vulcan workout

Level 12 4x1

Level 11 2x2 

Level 10 1x2, 1x3

Level 9 3x3

Watched a video posted a while back by mightyjoe talking  about rate force coding and neural training, so I decided to give it a shot. Did 3 sets of 5 all out explosive closes with the Trainer.

Finished w/ dynamic thumb pinching on the ImTug #3, 3 sets of 8 (can't quite close it all the way, but the #2 is way too easy), then some Index/Middle work w/ the #6 and #5 and some pinkie/ring work w/ the #5 and #4.

Very eager for my palm to  get healed up all the way, got a new BBGM that I can't wait to try out. Been moisturizing 3-4 times a day trying to get the new skin ready for the knurling.

Shoutout to @Chez for the Single, Double, Triple routine!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CFlaherty said:

Still dealing with the blister healing. I could feel the knurling tearing more skin off even with my warmups w/ a T and .5. So, another exclusively Vulcan workout

Level 12 4x1

Level 11 2x2 

Level 10 1x2, 1x3

Level 9 3x3

Watched a video posted a while back by mightyjoe talking  about rate force coding and neural training, so I decided to give it a shot. Did 3 sets of 5 all out explosive closes with the Trainer.

Finished w/ dynamic thumb pinching on the ImTug #3, 3 sets of 8 (can't quite close it all the way, but the #2 is way too easy), then some Index/Middle work w/ the #6 and #5 and some pinkie/ring work w/ the #5 and #4.

Very eager for my palm to  get healed up all the way, got a new BBGM that I can't wait to try out. Been moisturizing 3-4 times a day trying to get the new skin ready for the knurling.

Shoutout to @Chez for the Single, Double, Triple routine!

Awesome, if you ever want to talk about the routine and how to get past a sticking point feel free to message. Looking forward to following your progress and a great way to bridge the gap between vulcan levels is using rubber bands. I used the ironmind expand your hand bands since they have like 5 levels and you can even combine them to get other levels. 

Did a workout yesterday. Warmed up and gave a couple shots at a #3 @ 158 and a GHP 7 @ 153. Four singles w/ Silvis at 140 (2 misses with the left). 2 sets of double w/ GHP #6 @ 127. 1 double with Silvis set approx to a #. one set of triples w/ #2 selves setting (reopened the blister a bit so I called it quits). Dynamic thumb and Index/Middle & ring/pinky work. Then did a back and bis workout. Going to take about a full week off hoping that this **** blister will heal up.

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing some mostly Vulcan training and not keeping up with the log very well. Took a study break yesterday a few hours after a grip workout and hit a #2 TNS. Proud of this since I was not able to do this fresh a couple of weeks ago and I did it yesterday after already doing an entire crush workout and without any chalk. 

Just watched the vid dude (they block vids at work). Great close. PS.....I think you missed highlighting a couple words on those pages.....😜

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Some close attempts on my 152 #3 and 149 BBGM. Doing two different workouts every 3-5 days depending on how my hand are feeling. I was doing exclusively the 4x1, 3x2, 2x3, and just added the Nathan Holle workout from the COC book. It is 6x1 on your goal gripper and then 6x1 on a gripper that you can consistently close. I did the 6 attempts w/ the 149 BBGM, and then 6 with my T-Rex set to 140 marked by Cannon. Had some really close attempts with the BBGM and a very close attempt w/ a 152 #3. I am stoked about the progress on the #3 attempt. I am putting comparison vids below. The #3 attempts are a month apart.

The 149 attempt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Huge day today. Closed the #3 for the first time, can't even describe the feeling. Felt great throughout the workout.

RH

1x4 COC #3 152 rgc, closed it the first three, about a mm short the third time

1x 2 COC 2.5 133 rgc, too easy so I went to my Silvis @140, 1x2, one mm short on second rep, then 1x2 w/ Silvis @ approx 138

2x3 COC 2.5 133 rgc, 1 mm short on last rep of second set, 1x3 GHP 6 127 rgc

LH

1x4 Silvis @ 140, Closed first two times, then 1-2 mm short on last two

3x2 GHP 6 127, 1-2mm short on last two sets

3x3 COC 2 110 rgc, due to gap in grippers did reps as wide as possible w/out no setting (this is one of my gaps in grippers right now, I have a 127 GHP 6 and a 110 rgc COC 2 and nothing between them)

• Like 2

Great job man. Congrats on the MM0.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chez said:

Great job man. Congrats on the MM0.

Thanks bro!

• 1 month later...

Figured I would post an update since I haven't posted on here in a while. I keep getting a blister right in the center of my right hand palm, so I decided to give it some extra rest. The blister itself has healed, but I am hoping that with the extra rest the skin will toughen up and stop blistering on me. I am also going to work towards improving my set to minimize and movement of the handle. Anyways, still did some TNS work, since it never lines up in the center of my palm (the skin I want to rest).

I got my first TNS on a 125 rgc RB 210 today, that was a huge milestone for me. It is a terrible video, but you can see the handles touch around 26 seconds.

I was feeling pretty strong, so I decided to try a TNS on my 133 rgc #2.5. I got pretty close, and I am determined to TNS this in the near future. Here is the vid:

Probably gonna hit up some more vulcan session in the next few weeks to try and minimize the amount of damage that I am doing to the skin on my palm. Hopefully, when I get healed up I can go for the MM1.

• 5 weeks later...

Been a while since I updated this. I started @Jedd Johnson's CBT program today. I'm not going to post all my workouts so as not to give away the program for free. I plan on just updating any milestones that I hit in the next few weeks, and then updating my Max Gripper at the end. I am currently training only MMS. I estimate my current MMS Max Gripper to be around 155 rgc. I have closed my 152 rgc #3, and have not closed my 158 rgc #3. Hit the first workout today, and I am looking forward to the rest of the program. The forearm health exercises from the program have definitely already helped some minor golfer's elbow that I developed last month.