Best Inch Trainer

Tom Scibelli

@Squeezus is a genius, he took something that I had been thinking about for a little bit and created it above and beyond what I had imagined and created what I believe to be the best Inch dumbbell trainer:

• Like 15

Glad you like it, brotha. Based on your Rolling Thunder numbers, you don't have long before you are slaying the inch. I'm happy to help you on your journey!

• Like 1

Pretty cool idea. How much can you pull on it right now Tom compared to what you pull on the rolling thunder and 2.5 inch crusher?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chez said:

Pretty cool idea. How much can you pull on it right now Tom compared to what you pull on the rolling thunder and 2.5 inch crusher?

Thanks Chez, I'm pretty weak right now, but I am able to lift my baby inch once and that is 133lb. I just lifted 130lbs on this new handle tonight and it felt just as hard

• Like 3

Thats awesome! Id like the Scibelli inch trainer myself. Great idea tom! Gil is pretty awesome.

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

I am at office so I didn't see it all nor heard anything. But I skimmed through it and man do you mean you can adjust the rotation of the handle? That's genius and first of its kind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

I am at office so I didn't see it all nor heard anything. But I skimmed through it and man do you mean you can adjust the rotation of the handle? That's genius and first of its kind.

You can't adjust rotation, although that would be pretty cool! But it allows you a better "set up" when making the lift. What I mean is it's more similar to how you would set up to lift a real inch dumbbell verses a traditional rolling handle.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tom Scibelli said:

You can't adjust rotation, although that would be pretty cool! But it allows you a better "set up" when making the lift. What I mean is it's more similar to how you would set up to lift a real inch dumbbell verses a traditional rolling handle.

I'll have a look then later when free.

As for the rotation to adjust, to all mechanics out there like @acorn @Squeezus @Andrew P and others please work on it. This will be something. 

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

I'll have a look then later when free.

As for the rotation to adjust, to all mechanics out there like @acorn @Squeezus @Andrew P and others please work on it. This will be something. 

@Alawadhi I would be happy to work on it. But I am not sure I understand what exactly you have in mind by adjusting the rotation? Are you thinking having a handle setup that could go from center pivot to varying degrees of offset? Like the offset of the wrist wrench or that offset DB handle IM used to make? I already have a couple ideas for that if that is what you are thinking.

- Aaron

Since I pretty much never need an "on the go" implement, I went another way...

I smoothed the very ends of my 53k, added elephant magnets (202lb pull force per magnet) on the ends, and chopped some old hexes I had (they now serve a dual purpose as lighter block weights for jr/women medley items).

You can call it a "quick change" INCH trainer. 

Unless dropped from a good height, they don't move at all and rotation is completely unaltered.

Anyone curious how close they are to the true INCH weight, we can quickly dial it in post comp at SJ4.  I've got additional magweights to get things even tighter.

20170314_111326 (2).jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, acorn said:

@Alawadhi I would be happy to work on it. But I am not sure I understand what exactly you have in mind by adjusting the rotation? Are you thinking having a handle setup that could go from center pivot to varying degrees of offset? Like the offset of the wrist wrench or that offset DB handle IM used to make? I already have a couple ideas for that if that is what you are thinking.

- Aaron

@acorn Ok let me put it the best way I can (excuse my English as it's not the first language). The Inch is hard not because of the weight (of course an average modern office worker man will struggle with the weight but for weightlifters it is easy) but the rotation of it. Same goes to the rolling handles. A 60mm rolling handle is waaay harder than 60mm handle that doesn't rotate (I saw a video of Juha lifting I think 140+ kg on a 2.5" stable handle. So  why not a handle that can be very stable and also at the same time when lifting a weight lets say 100Kg on it becomes easy then we loosen it a bit so it becomes a but harder because now the handle rotates just a bit. When that becomes easier then we loosen it more. Till it becomes as hard or harder as a FBBC crushers 2.5". Did you get what I am getting to? Similar to Sidewinder ProXtreme which you too can adjust the rotation. I think it will be very cool. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

@acorn Ok let me put it the best way I can (excuse my English as it's not the first language). The Inch is hard not because of the weight (of course an average modern office worker man will struggle with the weight but for weightlifters it is easy) but the rotation of it. Same goes to the rolling handles. A 60mm rolling handle is waaay harder than 60mm handle that doesn't rotate (I saw a video of Juha lifting I think 140+ kg on a 2.5" stable handle. So  why not a handle that can be very stable and also at the same time when lifting a weight lets say 100Kg on it becomes easy then we loosen it a bit so it becomes a but harder because now the handle rotates just a bit. When that becomes easier then we loosen it more. Till it becomes as hard or harder as a FBBC crushers 2.5". Did you get what I am getting to? Similar to Sidewinder ProXtreme which you too can adjust the rotation. I think it will be very cool. 

Ahh, ok that makes sense. That should be doable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, acorn said:

Ahh, ok that makes sense. That should be doable.

Then I can't wait to see this

21 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Then I can't wait to see this

I think I have a pretty good idea on it figured out now but it will take some bit of machining to make it work and a bit more tooling. Would have a very similar look to existing handles.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Since I pretty much never need an "on the go" implement, I went another way...

I smoothed the very ends of my 53k, added elephant magnets (202lb pull force per magnet) on the ends, and chopped some old hexes I had (they now serve a dual purpose as lighter block weights for jr/women medley items).

You can call it a "quick change" INCH trainer. 

Unless dropped from a good height, they don't move at all and rotation is completely unaltered.

Anyone curious how close they are to the true INCH weight, we can quickly dial it in post comp at SJ4.  I've got additional magweights to get things even tighter.

20170314_111326 (2).jpg

That would be cool. At day of strength i launched the 135 they had. Beyond that i dont know. I moved the inch ever so slightly, i doubt anyone could of noticed lol