New NAGS Committee Members!

Jedd Johnson

38 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Off Topic but if i dont put it out there Ill forget. 

I was wondering if maybe we can put out a publication. Nothing fancy a simple newsletter or something we could mail to willing members with contest notices, board elections, and other news.  Maybe that can help spread the word a bit better. 

Actual paper newsletter. 

A nice idea but there is an actual physical cost involved - and NAGS has a zero budget with zero income.  Discussions are going on about ways to reach out to more people more effectively but some sort of free social media is what's most likely going to be forthcoming.   But Jared or one of the computer savvy members is going to come up with that - way over my head.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, climber511 said:

A nice idea but there is an actual physical cost involved - and NAGS has a zero budget with zero income.  Discussions are going on about ways to reach out to more people more effectively but some sort of free social media is what's most likely going to be forthcoming.   But Jared or one of the computer savvy members is going to come up with that - way over my head.

Relying too much on the web could be detremintal as well. Both types of media have their place. I think if we fund raise, we could  put out a small low cost newsletter. Nothing fancy. Like I said just another way to reach folk who really miss out on the news. 

Or prefer not to use the web. 

Edited by KapMan

A special committee could always be organized for specific issues.

For example, factors to increase youth enrollment at competions. Contact a few youth competitors and parents to discuss and present their opinions. The participants could assist with this issue without a long term commitment. 

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

A newsletter isn't a bad idea but it would need some one to manage it from day one. An email is much easier to orchestrate in the beginning.

I've actually been trying to organize a newsletter about Grip for a while.  We'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I've actually been trying to organize a newsletter about Grip for a while.  We'll see how it goes.

This pleases me. Is there anything you might need help with? 

21 hours ago, KapMan said:

This pleases me. Is there anything you might need help with? 

I'll get a hold of you when the time is right.  Thank you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I'll get a hold of you when the time is right.  Thank you.

Its the least i can do. You guys do amazing things for the community. If I can write/proof read something and help out id be glad to.

4 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I stopped reading at post #16 when i realized things were beginning to get all affirmative action. Lost interest on that note immediately.

i have said it before in kinder words... but i'll rephrase in more inciting words so hopefully to get a point across. Stop being a bunch of bitches and just start asking mf'ers for money to fund this thing to grow it. If you REALLY want it to grow, then you'll have no shame.

anyone on the committee called monster energy yet? Anyone got in touch with discovery and attempted to sell a story about gripsort? Anyone had the nuts to show up at a worlds strongest man comp and started calling out strongmen to pinch plates or close grippers in front of the cameras? Anyone started a Gofundme to pay for anything NAGS related? To my knowledge, these things dont cost money to do other than the cost of some phone calls or a some weekend travels. Dont need a lawyer or an agent to call monster energy or discovery. Dont need anything but some plates and some grippers to challenge the worlds strongest man. Dont need anything but no shame to start a Godundme for gripsort related costs. Do all those seem like good ideas? Do they seem like batshit crazy ones? If so why? And why is some random ass guy who doesnt even compete anymore thinking if these things? 

Social media thing can come AFTER this thing gets on the map. Not before.

And before anyone writes any of my above suggestions off with the chickenshit response "why dont YOU do those things Tommy?", i'll go ahead and respond with "YOUR in charge! Remember?!?"

i will be glad to donate cash in hand to anyone of any grip notoriety (the stronger guys in grip) to follow through on any of the things i have suggested above. as should anyone else claiming to want to see the sport grow. Time to fund this thing. Put up or shut up.

Thanks for posting.

We're actually discussing financial stuff within the group, and even trying to set up a conference call to move things along quicker.

I agree that getting "out there" is very important. Many of us on the committee have done multiple public outings to get Grip in front of people.  I know in my cases, this has produced several regular grip competitors.  So it's a proven method.  Gil and Jared have had much the same success.