Looking for a 5olb Blob

Mightyquinn

You need a certain post count to access the for sale section, but someone might send you message. Prices not too bad on ebay lately though, you should except to pay 150-200 or so.

• Like 1

You could buy a York legacy 100 or 105 and cut the handles off. At the prices of 50+ blobs you could sell the other half and probably cover your costs.

• Like 1

Thanks, About what I figured. Just hoping someone had one to get rid of. Any idea how many posts to access the for sale section?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Isn't everyone looking for a Fatman Blob?  (But add me to the looking list)

It's not exactly the same as a real blob, but Barrel Strength makes a true to dimensions Blob Trainer that you can hook up to a loading pin.

2 hours ago, devinhoo said:

It's not exactly the same as a real blob, but Barrel Strength makes a true to dimensions Blob Trainer that you can hook up to a loading pin.

Do you have one? What do you mean by makes a true dimension, are the dimensions close to the blob?

thanks

mike 

5 minutes ago, mfin77 said:

Do you have one? What do you mean by makes a true dimension, are the dimensions close to the blob?

thanks

mike 

Alas, I do not have one (yet). From the BSS website, "The Blob Trainer is designed to closely replicate the width and curvature of a half-100 York Fatman Blob". @Squeezus makes them, and he knows his way around blobs.

Edited by devinhoo
link

18 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Alas, I do not have one (yet). From the BSS website, "The Blob Trainer is designed to closely replicate the width and curvature of a half-100 York Fatman Blob". @Squeezus makes them, and he knows his way around blobs.

Thanks I’d like to get one as well 

Does anyone have experience with any of the blob trainers and an actual Fatman blob?   I've seen Jedd's video and found it most useful thus far, however many of the products he covered were just about as hard to find (for me).  

Edited by japete01

On 4/22/2019 at 11:27 AM, japete01 said:

Does anyone have experience with any of the blob trainers and an actual Fatman blob?   I've seen Jedd's video and found it most useful thus far, however many of the products he covered were just about as hard to find (for me).  

I've placed the BSS blob trainer over five different blobs as well as StrongerGrip blob trainer  http://www.strongergrip.com/grip-gear/loadable-blob/   and uploaded the pics below. I've never loaded pics here before so I hope it works.       

Because of the angle of the bottom of the blobs vs the bss blob trainer the top right hand side is a little lower then left, except for the last picture where the angle was severe enough that I held it to make the tops parallel. That doesn't make any difference when lifting as it's the bottom of the blob. I'm letting you know so you have more clarity when looking at the pictures if they look a little "crooked."

Blobs:

I can lift the york 90(44.7 lbs), york legacy 100 (48 lbs), york 95 (47.6)

I can lift the Blob50 but would not qualify as a successful lift at a competition.

I can just break ground with the fatman on a good day.

Trainers:

I can lift the BSS Blob Trainer for a total of 34.7 lbs for a successful lift but beyond that it slips out of my hands even though it has textured paint. I'm not sure why I'm not a lot closer to the fatman weight of 51.8 lbs. Logically it would make sense since it and the fatman are  very close to the same dimensions. The trainer is a little, more like miniscule, bit rounded.

I find it to be pretty slick. It might just need seasoning.

StongerGrip trainer

I haven't used this trainer in awhile but my guess is based on records I've kept and my progression since I've lifted it I can lift about the same as the BSS trainer. This is not nearly as slick at the BSS but the dimensions make it harder for me.

Pic 1: StrongerGrip blob trainer

Pic 2: 1/2 of a York 90 (not sure if this is pre usa or not) = 44.7 lbs

Pic 3: 1/2 of a pre usa York 95 = 47.6 lbs

Pic 4: 1/2 of a York legacy 100 = 48 lbs

Pic 5: Fatman = 51.8 lbs

Pic 6: Blob50 no paint = 50.9 lbs

IMG_20190423_121447.jpg

IMG_20190423_121304.jpg

IMG_20190423_120933.jpg

IMG_20190423_121046.jpg

IMG_20190423_121201.jpg

IMG_20190423_123334.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jpav2010 said:

I've placed the BSS blob trainer over five different blobs as well as StrongerGrip blob trainer  http://www.strongergrip.com/grip-gear/loadable-blob/   and uploaded the pics below. I've never loaded pics here before so I hope it works.       

Because of the angle of the bottom of the blobs vs the bss blob trainer the top right hand side is a little lower then left, except for the last picture where the angle was severe enough that I held it to make the tops parallel. That doesn't make any difference when lifting as it's the bottom of the blob. I'm letting you know so you have more clarity when looking at the pictures if they look a little "crooked."

Blobs:

I can lift the york 90(44.7 lbs), york legacy 100 (48 lbs), york 95 (47.6)

I can lift the Blob50 but would not qualify as a successful lift at a competition.

I can just break ground with the fatman on a good day.

Trainers:

I can lift the BSS Blob Trainer for a total of 34.7 lbs for a successful lift but beyond that it slips out of my hands even though it has textured paint. I'm not sure why I'm not a lot closer to the fatman weight of 51.8 lbs. Logically it would make sense since it and the fatman are  very close to the same dimensions. The trainer is a little, more like miniscule, bit rounded.

I find it to be pretty slick. It might just need seasoning.

StongerGrip trainer

I haven't used this trainer in awhile but my guess is based on records I've kept and my progression since I've lifted it I can lift about the same as the BSS trainer. This is not nearly as slick at the BSS but the dimensions make it harder for me.

Pic 1: StrongerGrip blob trainer

Pic 2: 1/2 of a York 90 (not sure if this is pre usa or not) = 44.7 lbs

Pic 3: 1/2 of a pre usa York 95 = 47.6 lbs

Pic 4: 1/2 of a York legacy 100 = 48 lbs

Pic 5: Fatman = 51.8 lbs

Pic 6: Blob50 no paint = 50.9 lbs

IMG_20190423_121447.jpg

IMG_20190423_121304.jpg

IMG_20190423_120933.jpg

IMG_20190423_121046.jpg

IMG_20190423_121201.jpg

IMG_20190423_123334.jpg

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation and the pictures!  This really helped solidify my plan.