WAL First time puller or Novice class

Jeff Parker

Anyone have any experience with the first time puller class at a WAL event?  I don't know if I have to work yet, but if not March 11th there is a WAL event about 3 hours from me.  I've never done an armwrestling contest before, although I have trained on a table a few times.

Any suggestions for which class would be best for me to start out in?  Thanks

It is likely that there will be very few people signed up in the first-time puller division. And because weight classes are not pre-defined for this division, you might have a 150-lb man in the same class as a 300-lb man (if there are only a couple of guys). My suggestion is to register for the amateur division. At least this division has defined weight classes and is likelier to have more pullers.

You can always register once you show up to the event and can assess the turnout. So you don't need to decide right now.