GHP #6 CLOSED

Paul Markowski

Tonight, I decided to change things up a bit (just like I have always done with strength training) and it worked out pretty well. Instead of Frankenstein Night, I decided to go for a new personal best with a gripper that I never closed before.

Just 2 days ago, I set a personal best with my dominant hand by closing the RB 210 gripper...tonight, I closed the GHP #6 with relative ease (as I was able to keep it shut for a few seconds after the close).

Like Chez, I too at times have major "set" problems....to the extent that if I get a great "set", I close the gripper....if I don't get a good set, I fail miserably.  

Get this....tonight, my 1st attempt at closing the #6 failed (though I was within a paper width from closing it)...I knew that my set was "good" but not what I needed to close the gripper.  Decided to give it one more shot on my second work set...this time, I KNEW that I was going to close it because the set that I managed to get this time (MM set) was simply perfect and as I was able to engulf those handles at parallel, I truly knew I was going to mash it...I sure did...and then some!

Next: to certify on the Silvis Monster Hunter 4-Star Gripper.

• Like 4

Congrats dude. Getting a gripper PR is an awesome feeling 

• Like 1

I knew you had it in you, the Frankenstein work is really paying off. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chez said:

Congrats dude. Getting a gripper PR is an awesome feeling 

Yes it is....when it happens, it feels like all the hard work was well worth the effort.

6 hours ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

Congrats! Keep going!

Thanks brother!

5 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I knew you had it in you, the Frankenstein work is really paying off. 

Yes....the tough road to closing the Frankenstein at full "toughness" (1.5" from top of spring) has helped me both physically and psychologically.

5 hours ago, Joefrey said:

Congrats ! Always a great moment when you're achieving a challenge gripper. Keep up the hard work man !

Thanks!  Appreciate all the support.

• Like 1