Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XX (LGC XX) 20170617

Martin_Arildsson

Congrats Martin, you really dominated, especially in grippers and pinch, huge numbers there.

• Like 2

Great competition, well organised and a very friendly bunch of people. Grippers went exactly as I had hoped for and I equalled my last competition result (from the last LGC competition in 2015). In the pinch I knew my form was rising (from a low level) but I did not think it had improved quite that much . Very pleased with setting a new Swedish record in the 74k class with 86.26k which was about a kilo higher than my previous competition pr in the 74k klass. In the axle I had hoped to claim the #2 spot in the -74k ranking which I succeeded with by pulling 140.6k. In the final supination/pronation event everyone had trained this event (unlike last time) and I ended up in the last spot with a total of 6.50k (previous comp pr was 6.25k). I think several competitors were surprised just how hard the axle lift is when you use tight-fitting quality plates (we used Eleiko PL plates) and tighten the plates before each lift using high quality spin lockers (again we used Eleiko's).

Great to see Martin compete again and no surprise he won every event. Extremely impressive performance also by 15 year old Oscar!

Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 8

Thanks for the results Martin! And congrats for taking the win!! Seems to be a very well planned competition - very interesting to see the weights on all attempts!!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! It was fun competing again :)

My girlfriend took some photos. I can probably upload some of them in the coming days. 

• Like 4

On 17.6.2017 at 8:17 PM, Mikael Siversson said:

Great competition, well organised and a very friendly bunch of people. Grippers went exactly as I had hoped for and I equalled my last competition result (from the last LGC competition in 2015). In the pinch I knew my form was rising (from a low level) but I did not think it had improved quite that much . Very pleased with setting a new Swedish record in the 74k class with 86.26k which was about a kilo higher than my previous competition pr in the 74k klass. In the axle I had hoped to claim the #2 spot in the -74k ranking which I succeeded with by pulling 140.6k. In the final supination/pronation event everyone had trained this event (unlike last time) and I ended up in the last spot with a total of 6.50k (previous comp pr was 6.25k). I think several competitors were surprised just how hard the axle lift is when you use tight-fitting quality plates (we used Eleiko PL plates) and tighten the plates before each lift using high quality spin lockers (again we used Eleiko's).

Great to see Martin compete again and no surprise he won every event. Extremely impressive performance also by 15 year old Oscar!

I once did some axle DLs with the rubber spacers of the Europinch device inbetween the plates and used competition collars  - really a big difference!! It felt more like an InchDB and not like a typical axle which seems to be more like an RT after this experience... If You assume that the original Apollon Axle had no revolving wheels the feats done by Davis and Schemansky seem crazy! I don't know if those wheels spin but I don't think so - anyone who knows exactly?

Congrats to all guys and congrats Martin for the win!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting, Martin!!

• Like 1

Sure thing! It's great hearing from you. Hope all is well!

Haha, love watching Hugo lift, 100 percent intensity! And the power freak Oscar getting stronger all the time! Looks like a great comp! I kick myself for not being able to attend. Hopefully it'll be another LGC contest soon!

• Like 2